Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Fastest sit n go!!! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=174188)

ilya 01-11-2005 03:35 AM

Re: Fastest sit n go!!!

You play g00t [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But you should have gotten to HU without losing a single pot....

ilya 01-11-2005 03:36 AM

Well, aren't you a fastie-pants

ilya 01-11-2005 03:41 AM

Re: Awesome SNG

I refuse to look at your SnG since you didn't go all-in 100% of the time.

Gigabet 01-11-2005 08:47 PM

I have 4 tabled $6 stt multiple times and never won, best finish is 4th place. I'll bet I have played over 200, pushing every hand, very good tilt relief. Another good reliever of tilt, is to sit at .50/1.00 game with 20k, and bet and raise every single street as much as possible, and then fold to any bet on the river. There was one hand, where one player was willing cap every street, by the river, he had .15 left in his stack. He was first to act, and bet the .15, and I folded with around $70 dollars in the pot.

Gallopin Gael 01-11-2005 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There was one hand, where one player was willing cap every street, by the river, he had .15 left in his stack. He was first to act, and bet the .15, and I folded with around $70 dollars in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

But...but...You were getting almost 467 to 1 pot odds... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

That is seriously one of the funniest things I've ever read.

Gigabet 01-11-2005 08:54 PM

Re: imcastleman/SevnFigures?

[ QUOTE ]
If he wants his nick on Stars shared, he'll have to do that. Yes, we have both played the higher buy in sit n go's on Stars, just not that often.

[/ QUOTE ]

And he doesn't want his nick shared(to those who know it, thank you). Since stars started their 1k sngs, I have been casually paying attention, if they start to fill up, then I join. As for the turbos, I have played a handful of the 215 and 530 turbos.

The Yugoslavian 01-11-2005 08:55 PM

Sweet, sweet laggy relief.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying and do the same at the play money tables (of course, given the stakes you play and your bankroll, I'm sure I'd do it for low stakes real money too).

The last time I did this with play money at a 5/10 table I was up like several hundred BB after 1.5 hours. It is quite fun to hit 90% of all my draws and when I miss them get a laugh out of folding the river to a cap after 3-betting.

I like your $.15 fold in a $70 pot. Just goes to show that poker is an easy game if you play it the right way [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Yugoslav

The Yugoslavian 01-11-2005 09:04 PM

Giga,

Just out of curiosity, do you play any non-tournament (STT or MTT) poker (or non-holdem poker)? I'd imagine it is hard to keep your winning edge when your constantly playing the same high-buyin STTs without mixing it up with slightly different games.

Yugoslav

1C5 01-11-2005 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have 4 tabled $6 stt multiple times and never won, best finish is 4th place. I'll bet I have played over 200, pushing every hand, very good tilt relief. Another good reliever of tilt, is to sit at .50/1.00 game with 20k, and bet and raise every single street as much as possible, and then fold to any bet on the river. There was one hand, where one player was willing cap every street, by the river, he had .15 left in his stack. He was first to act, and bet the .15, and I folded with around $70 dollars in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha, that is classic.

Gigabet 01-11-2005 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Just out of curiosity, do you play any non-tournament (STT or MTT) poker (or non-holdem poker)? I'd imagine it is hard to keep your winning edge when your constantly playing the same high-buyin STTs without mixing it up with slightly different games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I play NL cash ring games(almost always have at least one going), 15/30 limit hold'em at pp(usually HU), 30/60 limit at stars when I need a change of pace, and of course, our 1 card poker home games.