Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Would it be ok to kill if someone was going to lie? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=231912)

Dubra 04-13-2005 10:38 PM

Re: Would it be ok to kill if someone was going to lie?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How bout you are 100% innocent but were convicted and sentenced to death. On the way to execution you have an opportunity to escape, but it involves killing 5 guards. What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

KILLING SPREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

TomBrooks 04-14-2005 02:28 AM

I would tell the guards that I was innocent and that the right thing to do would be to let me go. Then I would tell them that I would spare their lives if they let me go, but if they didn't, I would have to kill them in the name of justice and the choice was up to them.

There's some other stuff I would say to convince them to make the wise choice, but that is the short version.

Jazza 04-14-2005 02:39 AM

I hope you guys are kidding saying you would kill 5 guards to save your own life

Yobz 04-14-2005 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How bout you are 100% innocent but were convicted and sentenced to death. On the way to execution you have an opportunity to escape, but it involves killing 5 guards. What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the guards were 5 year olds, how many would you be able to take on at the same time...? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Grisgra 04-14-2005 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you guys are kidding saying you would kill 5 guards to save your own life

[/ QUOTE ]

Now let's be honest, here, how much of a life does a prison guard really have, anyway?

stankybank 04-14-2005 03:29 AM

no.

Cerril 04-14-2005 03:37 AM

*snorks* Oh wow... that one caught me off guard.

Cerril 04-14-2005 03:38 AM

This is, erm, hypothetical right? Sounds like someone's asking permission...

EliteNinja 04-14-2005 03:49 AM

I'm Canadian. No death sentences up here.
25 years in minimum security prison. It's like a country club.

b0000000000m 04-14-2005 04:13 AM

Are we assuming this is the only way to get the person not to lie? Also, what are they lying about your having done? Are you actually guilty of the crime, or not (are they just lying in court, but you're actually guilty)? Why are they lying? Who is this person, and what are the circumstances of his or her life? I would need detailed answers to all of these--and probably more--but I can certainly imagine the answer being 'yes' under certain circumstances.