Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   my dog is pooping blood (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=183066)

Greenthumb 01-24-2005 05:25 PM

Re: my dog is pooping blood

its good to see a few ppl out there who still have compassion for living things. a joke is a joke, though,im not whining....that one about the thread being useless without pics was pretty good.

Homer 01-24-2005 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its good to see a few ppl out there who still have compassion for living things. a joke is a joke, though,im not whining....that one about the thread being useless without pics was pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm shocked at the depths this forum has sunk to. It was obvious you were not joking and the responses you received were despicable. I wonder where these people come from sometimes that have no compassion for living beings, human or otherwise.

jakethebake 01-24-2005 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wonder where these people come from sometimes that have no compassion for living beings, human or otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]
From your butt?

Lazymeatball 01-24-2005 05:33 PM

Wow, it's pretty obvious no one was being serious in this thread. Jokes about abandoning dogs over minor medical problems, and then replacing it with a new dog are funny. Obviously anyone who actually did do that doesn't deserve to own a dog. That's why the joke is funny, because it's obviously wrong.

liquidboss 01-24-2005 05:35 PM

I'm fine with compassion for living things, but my compassion fails when there are huge vet bills involved. I remember when my last dog was hit by a car a few years ago. Now I loved that dog, but when the vet told me it would cost hundreds for surgery and the medication after, compared with 50 to put him to sleep, my choice was easy. Sorry if that makes me cold hearted, but dogs really are a dime a dozen.

I do hope your dog is fine and you don't have to make that kind of decision...

Homer 01-24-2005 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wonder where these people come from sometimes that have no compassion for living beings, human or otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]
From your butt?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I hear your Mom calling you for dinner. Run along now.

Homer 01-24-2005 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, it's pretty obvious no one was being serious in this thread. Jokes about abandoning dogs over minor medical problems, and then replacing it with a new dog are funny. Obviously anyone who actually did do that doesn't deserve to own a dog. That's why the joke is funny, because it's obviously wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty obvious liquidboss was being dead serious, and that's what got me pissed off.

EDIT - And I was right.

Greenthumb 01-24-2005 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
From your butt?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

now that was funny. i mean it. jake, i am still in love with your avatar.

jakethebake 01-24-2005 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that was your butt you heard.

vetman81 01-24-2005 05:42 PM

How old is your dog? There are a number of things that could be wrong, but if it is a young dog, it is likely an intestinal parasite. That will just take a few treatments. Depending on which parasite, it could take several, but most are relatively cheap. When you take the dog in, try and take a stool sample.

An obstruction is not likely, as the dog would be vomiting rather than shitting. If it is an old dog, it could still be a parasite, but there are other things that have to be addressed as well. HTH.