Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   How's this crazy idea for minimizing expenses while turning pro (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=259440)

ilya 05-26-2005 02:56 AM

Re: How\'s this crazy idea for minimizing expenses while turning pro

Sounds fun, if you've got the balls not to care what people think, go for it. But I'd make sure you *can* make at least 2k/month if you need to before going pro.

Actually a better idea is to move to a small college city like New Haven. When I was a student there, I rented a room in a very cool apartment for $260/month. Bookstores, check. Coffeeshops, check. Movie theaters, theaters, restaurants, bars, clubs, check, check, check, check, check!! Dozens of cute girls everywhere, check! And NYC is just 1.5hrs away on the commuter train. check! check! check!!!!! check.

Come to think of it, why the hell haven't I moved back there yet.

treeofwisdom7 05-26-2005 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i like this idea lets get one and live together.. well call it the "cash van"..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah....this one is just too easy.

*sigh*

I'll let someone else elaborate.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

pimpin aint easy.. pimpin aint easy my friend..

Big Limpin' 05-26-2005 03:01 AM

Honestly, completely seroius, i kind a have a goal of saving up some $ and buying a sailboat.

I'd live on her, she would spent most of her time in harbor, with me on the deck in a easychair playin on laptop.

Bad beats would be met by me tiltin' my captains hat to the side and saying "arrr'"

I actually scouted seaworthy old wooden sailboats, and you can pick up a pretty sweet ride for like 50k...moorage for a year for a 35' or so runs like 1k/yr, at out of the way harbors.

(edited to improve embarrasingly poor grammar)

treeofwisdom7 05-26-2005 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, completely seroius, i kind a have a goal of saving up some $ and buying a sailboat.

I'd live on her, she would spent most of her time in harbor, with me on the deck in a easychair playin on laptop.

Bad beats would be met by me tiltin' my captains hat to the side and saying "arrr'"

I actually scouted seaworthy old wooden sailboats, and you can pick up a pretty sweet ride for like 50k...moorage for a year for a 35' or so runs like 1k/yr, at out of the way harbors.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like a great idea but i dont think the connection at sea would be any good..

pergesu 05-26-2005 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh*

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

He called you gay.

Big Limpin' 05-26-2005 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like a great idea but i dont think the connection at sea would be any good..

[/ QUOTE ]

Au contrare, the local marina provides a wi-fi hotspot to entire marina. $3cdn/day.

sahala 05-26-2005 03:15 AM

Move overseas, preferably a 3rd world country with decent internet connections. For $400 a month you can have a house. For another $120/month you can have a maid/cook.

Big Limpin' 05-26-2005 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Move overseas, preferably a 3rd world country with decent internet connections. For $400 a month you can have a house. For another $120/month you can have a maid/cook.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am about 90% sure i will be moving to Buenos Aires in August. $500ish includes maid. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Plus, you know, i hear they have some fine ladies down there (?)

Degen 05-26-2005 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh*

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

He called you gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

this sequence seriously made me roll on the floor laughing

Andre

Degen 05-26-2005 03:22 AM