Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Just started playing $109s. Two bubble HHs for dissection. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=292642)

durron597 07-14-2005 11:11 AM

Re: Just started playing $109s. Two bubble HHs for dissection.

[ QUOTE ]
Good point. OOC- Do you like the villain's call in this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ew, no.

mlagoo 07-14-2005 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention the fact that if we're behind, we can always suckout, which is always fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great reason to call pushes. Please continue to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was a joke, dork

durron597 07-14-2005 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

it was a joke, dork

[/ QUOTE ]

So was my post [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

octaveshift 07-14-2005 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

2359471469 - Look at the stack sizes. Very tough for anyone to call here, and you're almost never dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a vestige of the lower level mentality.

I sometimes pass on +EV pushes in early bubble play because I am afraid people will loosen up their calling ranges, which is a disaster.

I tend to overthink things, so I should probably just STFU and push.

On a side- It could be in my head, but I think I can already discern a marked difference in the play between the 55s and the 109s.

octaveshift 07-14-2005 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good point. OOC- Do you like the villain's call in this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ew, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good. Me neither. This gets back to what I was saying about tightening up my pushing requirements a little bit.

Thanks for your input Durron. It's much appreciated.

Raiser 07-14-2005 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2359458110 - K7s UTG - I think this has to be a push. But I guess with the blinds having just gone up people may see it as a desperation move, I dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why no push on this hand. You pushed the previous 2 hands. Is this just a table image decision where you feel you are much more likely to be called on the 3rd push in a row?

tech 07-14-2005 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a vestige of the lower level mentality.

I sometimes pass on +EV pushes in early bubble play because I am afraid people will loosen up their calling ranges, which is a disaster.

I tend to overthink things, so I should probably just STFU and push.

On a side- It could be in my head, but I think I can already discern a marked difference in the play between the 55s and the 109s.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also need to differentiate the types of opponents that are on the bubble with you. There are some who are only going to call with TT+ or AK and some who are going to call with any king, any two broadways, etc. Recognizing the people that are going to call with crap is very important.

octaveshift 07-14-2005 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
table image decision

[/ QUOTE ]

Van Strummer 07-14-2005 11:53 AM

I was just going to tell you that your wide calling range probably was a big leak in your game, but then I ran the ICM calc:
Hand 1: 49.7891 % [ 00.45 00.05 ] { AA-55, AKs-A2s, KQs-KTs, QJs-QTs, JTs, T9s, AKo-A2o, KQo-KTo, QJo-QTo }
Hand 2: 50.2109 % [ 00.46 00.05 ] { As9d }

$EV fold: 0.2081
$EV call/win: 0.3549
$EV call/lose: 0.0687
-------------------
$EV call: 0.212

I still think it is a mistake to make this call as 50% of the time you will lose your chances to make the +$EV situations that will arise in the next few hands amd I guess those will be worth more than the 0.0039 you gain by this call.

mlagoo 07-14-2005 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was just going to tell you that your wide calling range probably was a big leak in your game

[/ QUOTE ]

despite feeling somewhat vindicated by ICM telling me its at least a marginal call, given my pushing range (which may or may not be correct), I think you may still be correct in thinking its a leak.

FWIW (and it's not worth much), I don't do it to "look people up" -- I do it because I think that I play much better with a proportionally larger stack, especially short handed, and I want to get there. On the other hand, it probably isn't worth busting on the bubble with marginal calls.