Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Why do I always feel the need to slowplay.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=293583)

Bigwig 07-15-2005 04:52 PM

Re: Why do I always feel the need to slowplay....

Slowplaying this draw heavy board against two players in the early stages of a tournament is suicidal.

Lemme guess--A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?

sirdeej2 07-15-2005 05:04 PM

of course.....

Is there any way I could have gotten away from this at the river, or did I already dig my own grave by that point?

Bigwig 07-15-2005 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
of course.....

Is there any way I could have gotten away from this at the river, or did I already dig my own grave by that point?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how you can fold on the river. There's no way I'm putting anyone on a spade flush. The cards I worry about after the flop and flop action are diamonds, 9's, T's, and A's. Not baby running spades.

hyde 07-15-2005 07:45 PM

because slow play feels sooooooooo good when it works.

My refrain is:
I love to slow play
I just hate the results

I'm getting better, I never let two suited cards on the flop have a cheap draw, and a couple of high cards on the flop end the slow stuff.

Now short handed and HU......is another story.

Bluff Daddy 07-15-2005 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, think the flop is too coordinated to slowplay.

[/ QUOTE ]

More importantly, there is already a bet and a raise. You should have no fear of getting action.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, there is a time and a place to slowplay but good god against four opponents on a suited and connected flop gimme a break

hobbes9324 07-15-2005 10:44 PM

Slowplaying will not make your teeth whiter, your vision sharper, or your di*k longer - and it VERY seldom makes your bankroll bigger.

Most overrated move in poker, I think.....(but yeah, it feels sooooooooooo good when it works...)

07-15-2005 11:05 PM

That is the type of situation i definitly wouldn't slow play or give free cards. There are several flush possibilities out there and also a straight possibility as well. Trips queens is a hand very, very hard to throw away, which basically means your committing yourself. Calling an all in with trips, against a flsuh possiblity is a hard call to make, especially when it may involve your entire stack.

Anyone still in the pot after a raise on preflop is likly to either have kings or on the flush draw. The only way you know if someone has made a flush, or is on a flush draw is by betting. You need to figure out people by betting. A bet to find out where you are will save you many more bets on the turn or on the river. If someone is going to make a flush, make them pay for it. Slow playing trips queens in this situation will provide you with more problems.

I would only slow play trips queens, if there is no flush possibilities out there, and also no high straight possibilities....provided a raise was made preflop to decrease the possibility of a small straight.

You learn from experience, you really should only slow play when you have a massive advantage. If you are going to slow play, be pre pared to get away from the hand and fold if you suspect you are beaten.