Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Minnesota Carnage: 12/22 at the 'Bury (LONG) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=166434)

banditbdl 12-26-2004 12:45 AM

Re: Minnesota Carnage: 12/22 at the \'Bury (LONG)

[ QUOTE ]
Flop 975 two diamonds. Bandit bets, I think Milo calls, I call, Edge raises, and somehow the pot ends up capped with Bandit, Edge34, and a third player.

Turn 7d, Bandit bets, Edge raises, guy behind them both calls, Bandit calls.

River 4; Bandit checks, Edge checks, third guy checks. Edge tables 86o for the flopped nut straight, Bandit outdoes him with 44 for the running boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, Hey, Hey now...

I may have been drunk, but I'm not freaking insane for crissakes. I was in fact holding 44 but the flop was 4, 5, 7, not 5, 7, 9. Edge and I capped it on the flop, a 9 hit on the turn and Edge put in the 4th bet before I thought to myself, good god I think he did flop that straight (he obviously didn't have a pair since he neglected to raise preflop.) Then a 9 hit on the river to fill me up and I went to checkraise. Only one problem, that screwball actually checked behind, I couldn't freaking believe it.

Clarkmeister 12-26-2004 01:03 AM

Good times. Nice report.

chrisdhal 12-26-2004 02:03 PM

I was able to watch most of the early goings on while sitting right behind you from the 7s at table 17. Watching you guys roll up with all those racks was great. The looks on people's faces was awesome. I still can't believe that old guy to your left stuck around so long (of course, that was before I knew he was scamming your food [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) He just looked like he was in pain. Looked like good times, thanks for the writeups!

BWebb 12-27-2004 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I finally catch him in the act and say “Francis, the ocean called. They’re running out of shrimp.”

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this. Great post.

SmileyEH 12-27-2004 03:44 AM

Great trip report!

-SmileyEH

Drizztdj 12-28-2004 04:32 PM

I wish I could have been out there. Its hard for someone who can't drive to make the trek to Canterbury [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

BigBaitsim (milo) 12-28-2004 09:40 PM

Of course I folded when the betting got capped back to my straddle. The straddle was almost compulsory, as was the 26o I was dealt every time I straddled (or so it seemed).

Although I was running horribly, any hand that hit was sure to be paid off, what with a preflop cap the norm. I ended the night down $186, but it could have been much worse had Dougiefish not been such a humanitarian. I think Edge dropped something like $500, and Schneids true total is uncertain as he kept buying more chips so he could have the biggest stack at the table.

What made it extra wild was that the post-flop play was pretty sane. This made the structure a 15/3/6/6 game. With $75 in the pot preflop, you were getting odds to chase just about anything.

chrisdhal 12-29-2004 01:56 AM

Bah! You live in my part of the city, I could have given you a ride. No excuses. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

AviD 12-30-2004 11:19 AM

Great story, well told...you guys are definitely a riot! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

TxSteve 12-31-2004 01:00 PM

sounds like a blast!

thanks for the report...i enjoyed it thoroughly