Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   215, did I miss a bet? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=277061)

durron597 06-20-2005 10:12 PM

Re: 215, did I miss a bet?

Raise more PREFLOP

curtains 06-20-2005 10:14 PM

Again for the record, I strongly disagree that it's correct to raise some super large amount preflop with KK. I don't think it's bad or anything but I see absolutely nothing wrong with raising to 45 like a normal person and I think it's just absurd to criticize a 3x BB raise here.

FieryJustice 06-20-2005 10:28 PM

Call me crazy or bad or whatever you want, but I think raising only 45 here is where the hand went bad. I personally dont like seeing a flop with 2-4 other people because I only raised it to 45. I guess I am just thinking to the hand last night where i made it 60 with AA on the first hand and got 8 callers and then folded AA post flop. In my eyes, lots of callers is a bad thing.

Unarmed 06-20-2005 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again for the record, I strongly disagree that it's correct to raise some super large amount preflop with KK. I don't think it's bad or anything but I see absolutely nothing wrong with raising to 45 like a normal person and I think it's just absurd to criticize a 3x BB raise here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%.
Anyone who plays the 109s and raises different amounts with AA/KK and AK please PM me your sn.

BTW I would fold this as well. Sure it's only 1/2 pot, but there's another person in the hand, and Villain doesn't know HE doesn't have an ace. It's either a decent ace or a couple clubs begging for a raise.

curtains 06-20-2005 10:44 PM

Hey Fiery, I don't think that raising more with KK is a mistake or anything, I just dont think raising to 45 is either. Been playing with you a lot the past few days, you play good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I feel like whenever I think you will move allin preflop, you do.

Fortitude 06-21-2005 05:04 PM

I'd like to hear your rationale behind raising more preflop at level 1. Is it because of my hand, my position, or the odds I give the rest of the players by only putting in 4.5% of my stack here? I'm mostly concerned about the latter, giving the first guy to call me over 20-1 for my stack. Also, it's interesting to know if this changes once we hit level 2 where a 3x the BB raise puts 9% of your stack in cutting down on any callers implied odds quite a bit - do you have any problem with making it 3x the BB from EP at level 2?

DarrenX 06-21-2005 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to hear your rationale behind raising more preflop at level 1. Is it because of my hand, my position, or the odds I give the rest of the players by only putting in 4.5% of my stack here? I'm mostly concerned about the latter, giving the first guy to call me over 20-1 for my stack. Also, it's interesting to know if this changes once we hit level 2 where a 3x the BB raise puts 9% of your stack in cutting down on any callers implied odds quite a bit - do you have any problem with making it 3x the BB from EP at level 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

On $215s If I'm raising I typically raise to 60 level 1 (add 1 BB more for each limper). Level 2 I move to 90-100. Level 3, 150-175. Used to make it 45 on level 1, but I think at the $215s many people will play more speculative hands for 3x but not 4x. I know I do. JMO. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Nick M 06-21-2005 06:08 PM

one thing with raising more preflop, you now have to bet more on the flop to protect. In early rounds I kinda like not making the pots huge. If you say you basically always bet when you raise preflop, than raising more with kings is bad because if an Ace flops, you now need to bet more with a hand that is more than likely beat. I think raising more with Aces is a good idea though. You'll have no problem betting on 95% of the flops.
Just for the record I usually bet when I raise preflop. And since it is early I would bet this flop. But if it was 2nd or 3rd round I would probably check fold.
ohhhh and raising big preflop is sort of a tell in my book.