Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Talk me out of buying this vehicle... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307383)

fsuplayer 08-04-2005 10:41 PM

Re: Talk me out of buying this vehicle...

[ QUOTE ]
OMFG, how did I miss this thread?

Let me tell you one thing, jealousy is a bitch. And that's what this thread is all about.

I do not see why all the haters have come out of the closet to pile on you in this thread. If I were your age and had the means to get this car, I would jump on it in an instant.

1) It is a cool car.
2) It belonged to a sports superstar.
3) Chicks dig sweet rides.
4) You have nothing better to do with the money right now.

Man, I can't think of a single reason not to buy this car. If it is still available, you should buy it immediately. Opportunities like this do not come around all the time. Next time you see an opportunity like this, it'll probably cost you $100K to get in.

This thread is full of people who have never taken the risk to do something very cool that will make their life really fun. So now, they are miserable and posting anonymously on a message board trying to pull you down so you can be miserable like them.

Buy the car. This is one of those things you'll look back on in five years. At that point, do you want to say?

"Wow, my life is boring and sucks, but I do have a few thousand more dollars in the bank, woohoo"

or

"Holy cow, the last five years of my life have been so badass, largely in part to this awesome ride I bought"

Buy the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

listen to the man, he's always right.

oh, and PM el d. to see if he can get you a pimp, shiny, blue shirt to match.

TT_fold 08-04-2005 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OMFG, how did I miss this thread?

Let me tell you one thing, jealousy is a bitch. And that's what this thread is all about.

I do not see why all the haters have come out of the closet to pile on you in this thread. If I were your age and had the means to get this car, I would jump on it in an instant.

1) It is a cool car.
2) It belonged to a sports superstar.
3) Chicks dig sweet rides.
4) You have nothing better to do with the money right now.

Man, I can't think of a single reason not to buy this car. If it is still available, you should buy it immediately. Opportunities like this do not come around all the time. Next time you see an opportunity like this, it'll probably cost you $100K to get in.

This thread is full of people who have never taken the risk to do something very cool that will make their life really fun. So now, they are miserable and posting anonymously on a message board trying to pull you down so you can be miserable like them.

Buy the car. This is one of those things you'll look back on in five years. At that point, do you want to say?

"Wow, my life is boring and sucks, but I do have a few thousand more dollars in the bank, woohoo"

or

"Holy cow, the last five years of my life have been so badass, largely in part to this awesome ride I bought"

Buy the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

listen to the man, he's always right.

oh, and PM el d. to see if he can get you a pimp, shiny, blue shirt to match.

[/ QUOTE ]

If El Diablo told me to jump off a bridge I would do it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Like I said, part of me still really really really wants to buy an Escalade with vertical doors, but buying THIS exact car right now would not make sense. I won't be driving a car for my freshman year in Boston, so I'd rather not see this collect dust until winter break and again until May.

Nevertheless, I do plan to flaunt my status as a "wangster" sometime in the next 12 months. I promise to post a pic - I'm certainly not going anywhere, and at least El Diablo won't diss me for being "new money," so f all u haterz (<font color="white">just kidding</font>)

woodguy 08-04-2005 11:32 PM

Why not just get this one?

http://uloc.nerdtank.org/screenshots...canyonero1.jpg

newfant 08-04-2005 11:43 PM

I would laugh at you if I saw you (18-yo white kid) driving this vehicle. I think a lot of people you go to school with will be laughing too. This vehicle is not cool.

[censored] 08-04-2005 11:44 PM

I say go for it.

08-05-2005 12:53 AM

Still, I think you should reconsider and invest the money in the PokerStars $100-$200 game (around 8pm-2am EST)

I think that clearly is the correct choice.

KaneKungFu123 08-05-2005 01:07 AM

so you can buy the car with his money?

[ QUOTE ]
Still, I think you should reconsider and invest the money in the PokerStars $100-$200 game (around 8pm-2am EST)

I think that clearly is the correct choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

tdarko 08-05-2005 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A $50,000 vehicle is clearly something only poor people drive, trying to look cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
unless you truly have the money to afford a $50K car, you cannot say that everyone with a nice car is really poor or just trying to be cool. if you have the money sometimes there is nothing wrong with driving something around a little nicer than an acura, luxury is sometimes worth it if you have the means.

now for this car, wtf? i don't know why this kid is so hyped about jerome bettis for one and second of all only fools spend $35K on a 3 year old car (one that looks ridiculous i might add). save your money kid and have fun in college and when you truly have the means to buy a nice car buy a new car, pay for it up front and take care of it. oh and like swede said don't buy a corvette for Godsake, you should know what nice is.

KaneKungFu123 08-05-2005 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Opportunities like this do not come around all the time. Next time you see an opportunity like this, it'll probably cost you $100K to get in.

[/ QUOTE ]

If purchasing this car today, is that much of a great deal, OP might want to use a little caution. Buying a car for 30 g's without even looking at it, from someone who has owned it for only a short period of time and is now selling it, etc, etc.

ChipWrecked 08-05-2005 01:15 AM

I have a New Yorker that belonged to John Voigt.