PDA

View Full Version : Help me. I cannot fold KK

Jman28
07-05-2004, 02:38 AM
Twice today I have been in the middle stages of a $55 SnG at party with KK. Both times I ended up having to call an all in with one caller already. Ran into Aces both times (once I caught a K on the river)

I know that AA is probable here, but I feel like so many other hands could be playing like that. The other hands in each pot were TT and KQo, so you can see the kind of hands people push with..

I guess I have to let kings go sometimes, but I just don't know how.

random
07-05-2004, 11:01 AM
nah

Michael Davis
07-05-2004, 11:25 AM
These are one table SNGs. Don't ever fold KK preflop.

-Michael

TylerD
07-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Never a truer word has been spoken on this forum.

Vollycat
07-05-2004, 02:03 PM
Looking over my stats... I lose with KK more than just about any other 'big' hand. KK just draws AA like nothing else... But I'm the same as you--I can't lay it down (and don't feel like I should), but my problem is I won't lay it down even with a flop that looks bad to the KK hand. Undisciplined I know...

chim17
07-05-2004, 02:24 PM
Just to mimic those others. Definately call here. Don't get too concerned with your per tournament rate. I believe going in with Kings in these situations benefits your hourly rate greatly.

LinusKS
07-05-2004, 10:44 PM
I agree with the others.

The tougher question, is what to do with QQ and AK.

There are a lot of maniacs out there who'll push with all kinds of hands, including medium pairs and Ax suited.

I'm curious whether others out there will do when someone pushes when you're holding AK or QQ suited.

Where it becomes paricularly hard I think is when you're already heavily invested, and then someone pushes from behind you.

slogger
07-06-2004, 12:15 AM
I fold my hand face up and call the floor every time I get QQ suited.

Phill S
07-06-2004, 08:40 AM
first, dont worry about laying down KK against AA preflop, you just cant do it profitably over long enough to cover the big gains when your hunch is wrong. even big pros struggle to do it, garry bush, a big game player from over here in england, said once he seems to run into em every few tourneys. it happens but it really difficult to get away from even for him. (this being the guy who got unlucky coming only second in a pot limit holdem even in the WSOP.

when it happens to me i simply laugh it off, its harsh but it happens, you cant avoid it.

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the others.

The tougher question, is what to do with QQ and AK.

There are a lot of maniacs out there who'll push with all kinds of hands, including medium pairs and Ax suited.

I'm curious whether others out there will do when someone pushes when you're holding AK or QQ suited.

Where it becomes paricularly hard I think is when you're already heavily invested, and then someone pushes from behind you.

[/ QUOTE ]

QQ, i call all in pre-flop. having raised big if im first to go, too much invested and you meet so many bad hands its hard to fold your investment. as for AK, it takes more thought. do i have them covered, whats my general read on them how early/late in the game is it. but more importantly how do i judge my chances if i fold.