PDA

View Full Version : party 2/4 Some AQ hands

34TheTruth34
07-05-2004, 12:29 AM
after looking through poker tracker, I noticed that I am losing money with AQ after 14,000 hands at different levels. So I thought I'd post some AQ hands that I played. These are all from Party 2/4:

hand one:

there is a late position poster, one limper, and I raise in MP. The late position blind calls, as does the BB and EP limper. four way

Flop A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif ( I don't have a heart)

BB bets, EP calls, I raise, LP cold calls, the others call. still 4 way.

Turn K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, EP checks, I check, LP bets, BB folds, EP calls, I call. three way.

River 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

EP checks, I check...

hand two:

UTG limps in (he only has 4.50 left now), UTG+1 limps in, I raise in MP, folded to the BB who calls, UTG now limp-reraises, UTG+1 folds, I call, BB calls. three-way for three bets each.

flop: K-J-3 rainbow.

BB checks, UTG bets his last .50, we both call.

Turn 7, putting two spades on the board

BB bets, I call.

River J, putting three spades on the board.

BB checks, I check.

hand three:

I raise UTG and only the cutoff calls.

flop A-J-9 rainbow

I bet, he calls.

turn T, still rainbow.

I bet, he raises, I three-bet, he calls.

River 7

I check...

comments? thanks

34TheTruth34
07-05-2004, 12:50 PM
bump

nepenthe
07-05-2004, 12:54 PM
Hand 1: I'd bet the turn. You can't assume anyone was on a flush draw at this point.

Hand 2: I consider raising the flop to build the sidepot, at which point you can't assume you're behind to BB. Not doing so made things more difficult for you on the turn.

Hand 3: Your plays on the turn and river are clearly inconsistent. Why 3-bet the turn if you're going to check the river? I think you lost to his 2-pair. I would've just called down after the turn.

me454555
07-05-2004, 01:22 PM
Hand 1: Bet the turn fold to a raise
Hand 2: Raise the flop. Just calling is like givine a free card b/c .50 is nothing in a 2/4 game. Raise the flop and try to get it heads up against the All-in. I'd check behind on the turn if he calls.
Hand 3: I'd just call the turn raise. My guess is that he's more likely to have 2 pair than the strait. AT, JT, and T9 are all reasonable holdings for CO as well as KQ. There's a chance he's got AQ as well but less likely.

jt1
07-05-2004, 02:31 PM
Hand One: bet the turn

hand 2: re-raise the limp reraiser. I put him on a desperation low bankroll raise. Go ahead and attempt to isolate.

hand 3. I think the re-raise is fine. He may be semi bluffing or slowplaying top pair worse kicker. I'd bet the river. If he's afraid to cap the turn then he won't raise his two pair on the river, but he will bet it if you check.