PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 hand with QQ

Jonny
07-05-2004, 12:00 AM
Is there anyway of getting out of this hand?

Paradise Poker 5/10 Hold'em (3 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, (All-In) calls.

Final Pot: 11.20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.20 BB, between SB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (11.20 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows As 5s (three of a kind, fives).
Hero shows Qs Qc (two pair, queens and fives).
Outcome: SB wins 11.20 BB. </font>

DaveB
07-05-2004, 03:34 AM
Fold preflop.

No, you can't get away from this. Next hand.

Navers
07-05-2004, 12:50 PM
I wouldn't raise the river. It's only one bet to you for the river and his raise on the turn isn't especially good news for you, suggesting he could be slowplaying fives. Other than that, I think that there's no way you could've gotten out of the hand.

Jonny
07-05-2004, 01:33 PM
fold preflop, you can't be serious.

chezlaw
07-05-2004, 01:56 PM
against a player who's close to going allin I would try to ensure that we get all the money in the pot. Many players will just throw in their last chips with any half decent hand so chances are that QQ is ahead.

Ezcheeze
07-05-2004, 02:41 PM
Sure, go ahead get away from the hand. Fold the turn. Then you won't have deal with the crushing blow of having your overpair cracked heads up. Of course, you also won't have to deal with the joy of watching the SB flip Tx 7x a pocket pair below QQ, 68, two diamonds, or any other of the rediculously large field of hands you have beat on the turn.

If you had some sort of extremely solid read on this guy that he would only check raise the turn with trips or better then fine you can get away. That is obviously not the situation here and almost never is online at shorthanded tables.
-Ezcheeze

Peter_rus
07-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Very good played taking to mention he has a little money in pocket. If not for this fact i would 3-bet turn.

ResidentParanoid
07-06-2004, 09:34 AM
You have to bet/raise it just about the whole way, especially against an unknown who is short-stacked. Too bad about the outcome.

Zele
07-06-2004, 10:50 AM
Played fine. River raise is closer if he has enough chips to 3-bet, but I'd still do it. No question at all if he'll be calling all-in.

P.S. No, DaveB was not serious.