PDA

View Full Version : River laydown

01-24-2002, 05:43 PM
20-40 hold'em, 10 handed. I have AcTc in the cutoff+1 and raise after 3 players limp. Blinds and limpers are the only callers, leaving us 6 handed for the flop.

The flop comes Ah Th 7c. Checked to me, I bet, SB calls, BB raises, one limper calls, I call, SB calls. BB is a tight solid player who I put on AK or 2 pair at minimum, and limper is a very loose player probably on a flush or straight draw. I decide to wait until the turn to raise.

The turn is an offsuit 5. BB bets, limper calls, I raise, SB folds, BB reraises, limper calls, I call. Oops, BB must have a set, probably 7's.

River is the 5h. BB bets, limper calls while muttering about the "wrong heart", I fold.

Comments?

01-24-2002, 05:44 PM
BB showed 77 and dragged the pot.

The hand seemed pretty straightforward to me, just making sure everyone else feels the same way. /images/wink.gif

BTW, I'm headed to Tunica this weekend to check out the side action. If anyone wants to hook up, look for the youngish kid with the tan "St. Louie's Poker Room" cap and an unkempt goatee. I'll probably mostly be playing 10-20 or 20-40 at the Horseshoe.

01-24-2002, 06:52 PM
I like the way you played the hand. Preflop you bought the button with a raise. Your play on the flop and turn was very reasonable. On the river

when the limper calls I would probably fold also.

With the board pairing and a flush on board about

all you can beat is AK or A7 and a reraise on the

turn from the blind discounts that.

Bruce

01-24-2002, 10:44 PM
No worries here primarily because it looks like you are beat by at least the river caller but what if you were heads-up on the turn, I assume that you would call the river even though the flush card came in and the board paired with the 5's (menaing that you are beat now even if he made it 3 bets on the turn with A5).

What if the dude in the middle stuck around for the river but folded to the river bet? Do you call then?

I would call in both of those scenarios.