PDA

View Full Version : Fear the straight flush?

PhatTBoll
07-04-2004, 08:26 PM
Reads:
Button has been playing very erratically. Just a few hands before this, he capped preflop on from the BB with 62o, then proceeded to hit trips. The orbit before that he had just checked through from the BB with QQ. Postflop he has been just as odd, but is winning a lot of hands.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, MP2 calls.

River: (18.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 26.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 26.75 BB, between Hero and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Button (26.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Js Jd (four of a kind, jacks).
Button shows 8h 9c (straight flush, king high).
Outcome: Button wins 26.75 BB. </font>

Needless to say, the river scared the bejeezus out of me. Should I have slowed down?

Sent
07-04-2004, 08:43 PM
Jesus after seeing what the Button was playing with...wtf was that all about. The threat is there but you have quads, he could easily have some other flush, it's not everyday that this happens, I think you played it well. Just one of those hands where you will lose money, and nothing you can do about it really. Add button to buddy list, if he likes to 3-bet with 98 and hit a straight flush then I'll sit with him anytime.

-Sent

tech
07-04-2004, 08:51 PM
OMG!!!! Too bad you weren't playing the bad beat tables.

I probably play it the same.

PhatTBoll
07-04-2004, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he could easily have some other flush, it's not everyday that this happens,

[/ QUOTE ]

True. I guess this post is more of a vent than anything. Oddly enough, I hit a K-high SF earlier today and a Q-high one last night. Party seems to be crawling with monsters lately...