PDA

View Full Version : No reason to stick around but there I was

fyodor
07-04-2004, 07:52 PM
This was my first hand at this table so nothing even close to a read on anyone. No reason to suspect anything but the usual though.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Oblivious Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, Button calls, SB raises, Oblivious Hero calls, MP 3-bets, Button calls, SB calls, Oblivious Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB bets, Oblivious Hero raises, MP 3-bets, Button calls, SB calls,

Ok maybe the MP is crazy. But the button just called 3 cold and the SB called 2. Someone has AK or KJ. There is absolutely no reason for me to stick around. What am I hoping for? A Queen?

Oblivious Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Oblivious Hero checks, MP bets, Button calls, SB calls, Oblivious Hero calls.

River: (16 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Oblivious Hero checks, MP bets, Button calls, SB calls, Oblivious Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Ah Jh (one pair, jacks).
Oblivious (and that much closer to broke) Hero shows Ks Qd (one pair, kings).
MP shows Qs Ts (straight, king high).
Button shows As Kc (one pair, kings).
Outcome: MP wins 20 BB. </font>

Guido
07-05-2004, 03:10 AM
Because of the odds you are getting on every street, you have to call I think. On the river you have to call in such a big pot although there is a very small chance you still have the best hand.

Guido

kiddo
07-05-2004, 05:35 AM
Pot is big and you only have to put in another small bet to see turn, easy call.

You are in a good position, sitting right of the raiser. When he bets turn, you can see if someone raises turn and then (probably) fold. As long as turn isnt raised I probably would pay turn and river, depends on the other players, against decent (or weaktight) players a 3bet and 2 coldcaller normally is bad news. Remember what this guy had when he limp-reraised preflop, this gives u a lot of information for future hands.