PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere, the poker gods chortled...

PhatTBoll
07-04-2004, 06:18 PM
Me yesterday:

[ QUOTE ]
Half the time I think party fish don't even realize that the river made the flush possible and will happily play their flopped goods to the felt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me today:

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks,

Flop: (4 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7 BB, between SB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (7 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Jh Kd (straight, ace high).
Hero shows Ad 4d (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 7 BB. </font>

mmmmmm...crow

csuf_gambler
07-04-2004, 06:26 PM
why didnt you raise the river

Sent
07-04-2004, 06:41 PM
Yeah, raising the river is a good here, backdoor flushes are hard to see coming. He might miss it and 3-bet and you can easily cap this and gain those few extra bets.

-Sent

afk
07-04-2004, 07:01 PM
You have the nuts on the river.

RAISE

PhatTBoll
07-04-2004, 07:03 PM
Ok, I appear to have whiffed. The whole reason I posted the hand was to call attention to the fact that the day after I made fun of other people for not paying attention, I completely missed that I had just rivered the nuts. I bet my top pair on the flop and turn, then just made what I thought at the time was a crying call when my opponent had apparently made a straight. The flush didn't even enter my mind. Just trying to make a little joke at my own expense...Guess I'm about as good at humor as I am at poker /images/graemlins/smile.gif

afk
07-04-2004, 07:06 PM
Or everyone just whiffed on the joke, including myself. No worries though. We've all done stuff like that. I bet a pair of jacks on the river last night that I thought was a straight - Turns out I actually was ahead and the river King gave two players top pair and another all in player a straight.

Sent
07-04-2004, 07:07 PM
lol right over my head Phat

-Sent