PDA

View Full Version : Problem Installing Absolute...

thirddan
07-04-2004, 08:36 AM
I want to start playing absolute to get their deposit bonus but am having trouble installing...Im running two monitors or 1280 res and when i start the installer it loads offscreen and i can't see any of the buttons or directions and can't install it. Anyone had similar experience or know what i can do?

Thanks...

thirddan
07-04-2004, 06:30 PM
bump...

MicroBob
07-04-2004, 06:40 PM
sometimes when i undo my 2nd monitor (want to the couch with the laptop for example) i wlll have a program or two that is clearly 'off-screen' even though i have reset the display to just one monitor.

this happens to me a lot with pokertracker for some reason.

anyway, you may want to try
- switiching the settings between 1 and 2 monitors and see if the absolute display appears
- fooling around with the res on both monitors....even 'maxing it out' beyond what the monitor is supposed to handle..and see if you can find it. one of my monitors only goes to 1200x800 but if i make the res larger than that then the screen moves around with the cursor to accomodate the extra-space
- right-click on the absolute icon thingee on the task-bar and try 'move' or whatever it is.

anyway...these may be obvious ideas to the more computer-literate among us....but these are some of the the things i try when one of my programs is 'off-screen'