PDA

View Full Version : seemed auto to me but he called me a moron

Gazza
07-04-2004, 06:58 AM
What do you think of this hand? Was I out of line?
I am in the SB. Button just sat down but on the previous hand all folded to him in SB he raised and I three bet in BB. He check folded the flop.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop:
UTG folds, MP folds, Button raises, SB 3-bets, BB folds, Button caps, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Button bets, SB raises, Button 3-bets, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Button bets, SB calls.

River: (9.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Button bets, SB raises, Button 3-bets, SB caps, Button calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17.50 BB, between Button and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (17.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Kc Jc (flush, king high).
Button shows Ac Kh (two pair, aces and tens).
Outcome: SB wins 17.50 BB. </font> <font color="red"> </font>

stripsqueez
07-04-2004, 07:02 AM
looks normal enough to me

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Guido
07-04-2004, 08:04 AM
Is C/R the flop normal on a board like this?

Guido

stripsqueez
07-04-2004, 08:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats optional - but playing is normal, and check raising the flop is a common enough way of playing

i think putting the foot down early is good

kiddo
07-04-2004, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, not for me. You are checkraising an inside straight, out of position against a preflop capper. What kind of hand did you think he was capping and what hand, of his possible hands, do you think he will fold with a AT board?

Also, if he only called flop, would you have bet turn with the intention of calling or folding if he raised (and you didnt pick up your runnerrunner?)?

On flop you went to war with a hand winning about 1 in 5 against his, not that strange he got a bit angry when you got lucky.

stripsqueez
07-04-2004, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are checkraising an inside straight, out of position against a preflop capper

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt say it was auto

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of hand did you think he was capping and what hand, of his possible hands, do you think he will fold with a AT board?

[/ QUOTE ]

he might fold 88, 99 or perhaps even bigger pairs - perhaps he got excited with some crap pre-flop

[ QUOTE ]
Also, if he only called flop, would you have bet turn with the intention of calling or folding if he raised (and you didnt pick up your runnerrunner?)?

[/ QUOTE ]

good question - when the flush draw hits there is probably something to be said for check/calling the turn - if i bet out otherwise, and get raised - its about this point that i realise i have put a lot of $$ in this pot

[ QUOTE ]
On flop you went to war with a hand winning about 1 in 5 against his, not that strange he got a bit angry when you got lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect

Gazza
07-04-2004, 10:14 AM
Yes, of course I got very lucky but there wasn't much I could do pre-flop, at least the way I play. The question really is whether you should just meekly check call the flop and check fold unimproved on the turn or whether you should try and slug your way out of trouble. I preferred the latter as I felt that there was a reasonable chance that his pre flop cap had been influenced by the action of the previous hand (and his ridiculous 3-bet on the river must have been as he turned out to be a decent enough player). But once he 3 bet me on the flop I got the message and my war was over. I would have check folded unimproved on the turn (shame about the gutshot but the odds are not quite there). If he had just called then I would have bet again on the turn and given up on the river (i think)
How would you have played it Kiddo?

Cannes
07-04-2004, 01:25 PM
At first when I saw it, I was like WOA! Down boy! A little aggressive with your draw?
but the more I think about it, it's actually pretty good
You give him alot of action on the cheap street, testing his hand and at the same time disguising your own, so that you can harvest big time when you hit.
Nice hand!

Vagos
07-04-2004, 04:25 PM
I think it should be noted that his river 3-bet is way out of line in my opinion. Somehow, he hopes you were slowplaying AQ on the turn?
-Andy

Ezcheeze
07-04-2004, 06:47 PM
I would not have check raised the flop. He is most likely not folding any hand he would cap with preflop even pairs under T especially considering the previous hand. All that will happen is he calls you down with a hand that usually beats you or puts more money in with a hand that usually beats you.

Against just a steal raise when i call in the BB then i like the flop check raise alot more since there are a ton of hands he could have raised preflop that give him nothing on that flop. With the cap though its bad business unless you somehow know hell fold medium-low pairs or would cap preflop with an unusually wide selection of hands.

-Ezcheeze