PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Name?

Mason Malmuth
07-04-2004, 06:37 AM
Hi Everyone:

Earlier this evening I was walking through The Bellagio with none other than our current World Champion, Greg "Fossilman" Raymer when someone came up to Greg and asked him if he would take a picture with him. Greg said to the person, "Don't you recognize whom I with. This is the world's foremost authority on poker and the number one author on the game." The person then asked me what my name was, so I told him "David Sklansky."

Best wishes,
Mason

Myrtle
07-04-2004, 06:55 AM
......uh....ummmm....er...

...well, Mason, I guess you're just gonna have to get a pair of "Greg's Goofy Glasses" (tm), set your butt down in the next one and win the damn thing, eh?

So tell us, who ended up being in the picture? You, Greg or was Vince there too?

Come to think of it, THERE'S a picture worth having.....the 3 of you together in Goofy Glasses!

Say hi to Vince for me, and tell him that he ought to answer his gd e-mail every once in a while.....I still have his sunglasses, and he's never told me where to send them.

Rick Nebiolo
07-04-2004, 07:01 AM
You should have replied "Gary Carson" ;-).

UTGunner
07-04-2004, 07:06 AM
When was the last time you or David showed up on the cover of magazines or newspapers? Celebrity doesn't count if your not splashed all over the media. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

theBruiser500
07-04-2004, 11:44 AM
Mason, I don't understand your post.

BottlesOf
07-04-2004, 12:10 PM
I was very much amused by this post.

whiskeytown
07-04-2004, 12:20 PM
you do look a little different then the back of the 2+2 books - that picture must have been an 80's shot, eh?

RB

fsuplayer
07-04-2004, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mason, I don't understand your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that given that introduction...
[ QUOTE ]
"Don't you recognize whom I with. This is the world's foremost authority on poker and the number one author on the game."

[/ QUOTE ]

...its only fitting that he answer "David Sklansky". Since that introduction is usually describing Skalansky.

fsuplayer

chesspain
07-04-2004, 01:59 PM
So you really didn't say "Ed Miller?"

Diplomat
07-04-2004, 02:04 PM
Noted Poker Authority. Not The Poker Authority.

He's still a mini-Sklansky, despite being damn good.

-Diplomat

Softrock
07-04-2004, 02:43 PM
Rick - I have an even more perverse sense of humor than you - I would have said "Jennifer Harman".

Sundevils21
07-04-2004, 02:48 PM
Mason, I think you should go on tour...comedy tour that is. Well, then again I guess this whole poker thing is kinda working for ya at the moment. At least you know you have something to fall back on in case poker goes sour /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Chah Ngo
07-04-2004, 03:53 PM
This is right up there with your response to the guy asking about "Poker Essays" and not referencing which volume he was asking about. I was laughing so hard when I read that the people I work with thought I had lost it. I couldn't find that post in the archives or I would have provided a link. Funny stuff . . .

astroglide
07-04-2004, 04:01 PM
as overused as it is, i think this would have been the perfect opportunity to use "i'm rick james, bitch". particularly amusing coming from the venerable M&M (has anybody called him that yet?).

MarkD
07-04-2004, 05:04 PM
I saw you playing 100-200 this weekend while I was in town. I was going to say hi but I'm shy and didn't want to apear to be a fan boi. I was perched over your shoulder for a few minutes when you were at the game in front of the cage.

MEbenhoe
07-04-2004, 11:51 PM
Classic response. Found the post quite humorous.

ACPlayer
07-05-2004, 06:06 AM
Obviously a great bluffing opportunity exploited. Well played.

ACPlayer
07-05-2004, 06:07 AM
Obviously a great image building opportunity exploited. Well played.

Fitz
07-05-2004, 03:11 PM
That reminds me of a story I heard Nolan Ryan tell. He was having lunch in a Bar-b-que joint somewhere in Texas, when he noticed a table full of women pointing at him and whispering among themselves. After a few minutes, one of the ladies came over and sheepishly asked if she could take a picture. Impressed that the ladies had recognized him, he said she could take the pic. She replied by thanking him, and telling him her husband would never believe the size of the onion rings he was having for lunch without a picture!

It is always refreshing to find a celebrity who doesn't take himself too seriously.

Good job Mason,

Fitz

Jim Kuhn
07-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Mason who? Does he know how to play poker too?

RollaJ
07-06-2004, 09:45 AM
WoW, you got to hang out with Greg "Fossilman" Raymer !!

scotnt73
07-06-2004, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
as overused as it is, i think this would have been the perfect opportunity to use "i'm rick james, bitch". particularly amusing coming from the venerable M&M (has anybody called him that yet?).

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! can you imagine the look on the poor guys face?

R Petty
07-06-2004, 02:36 PM
.....let me guess they then asked you if you would take the picture.

DcifrThs
07-07-2004, 11:18 PM
this thread almost made my SH*T my pants laughing so hard.

it makes me want to go up and introduce myself to mason by saying "oh my god, you must be the foremost authority on poker, david sklansky!!" ...well, not too much but i still laughed my ass off...

if i was anywhere in earshot to this scene and i heard MM say, "im rick james, biatch" i think i'd cry from laughing

funniest sh*t ever. nh.

-Barron

jasonHoldEm
07-08-2004, 12:41 AM
The real question is did Greg keep a straight face or bust up laughing?

J

Sloats
07-08-2004, 01:47 PM
picture seeker: "I thought that was JOEY'SBITCH."