PDA

View Full Version : AKs representing the flush

imitation
07-04-2004, 05:31 AM
I liked my play in this hand, probably wouldn't have tried it on 50c/$1 tables but moving into $1/$2 i've noticed players are more observant and will put you on hands if you play a certain way. What do you guys think of this?
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls,

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (7 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Hero.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Kd Ad (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins 8 BB. </font>

HajiShirazu
07-04-2004, 05:36 AM
I don't know where the 3-bet was preflop, I hope you just forgot what you had. I mean 3-betting is mandatory, look at the mess you got yourself into here with the two blinds getting in on the action for cheap. I do like the flop raise largely due to the presence of the two of diamonds and I like taking the free card on the turn.
I'm not sure what on earth SB folded on the river...I can't believe that he would fold a pair but I guess miracles do happen...I think there was a good chance you had the best hand on the river but I'm not sure what SB could have bet that trash flop with.

cold_cash
07-04-2004, 05:41 AM
3-bet before the flop.

Usually if I'm going to raise the flop in this situation,(which is a much better play if you've raised pre-flop), I will bet out on the turn, also. This way it still only costs you one big bet to get to showdown, you don't give any free cards, and you don't encourage your opponents to try and bluff at you on the river.

You've got to re-raise pre-flop.

Also, I seriously doubt your opponents had much of an idea what hand you had, or what hand you were trying to represent. I think it's more probable that you simply had the best hand all along.

spamuell
07-04-2004, 05:42 AM
3-bet pre-flop.

I'm pretty sure you had the best hand on the river, cold-call pre-flop, raise a rainbow flop, check behind on the turn which makes the board two-tone and bet the river when it makes a backdoor flush doesn't scream flush to me at all (and if it's not obvious to a 2+2er, how obvious do you think it's gonna be to these guys?). Maybe SB had a pair of 4s or 2s which you made him fold, but I think it's fairly likely that he would have called as your play looks more like two suited medium connectors to me and anyway he's probably not thinking about that, your turn check represented such weakness that any pair is probably calling on the end.

(EDIT: Gah, you spend 5 minutes writing a post and two people get there first!)

Peter Harris
07-04-2004, 06:04 AM
in line with existing comments:

1) 3-bet PF. EVERY TIME.

2) nice flop raise, takes the mantle. Good work.

3) i don't think you were representing a runner-flush. I think a small pair folded to you.

4) Correct at top - at .5/1 this would NEVER work. it's a 1/2 ploy.

In all, good work except PF. and consider you were representing something other than the flush to these players.

Regards,
Pete Harris