PDA

View Full Version : Tough decision first hand

AtlBrvs4Life
07-04-2004, 01:20 AM
So I'm playing in one of those $200 tournaments on party. Don't know why I went from $30 to $200, but I decided why not.

I get KK first hand and raise 5xBB after some limpers. I get 5 calls!

Flop is K J 2 rainbow. I really like this flop a lot because i have three kings which is pretty good. But the craziest damn thing happens. SB goes all-in and three people call! I had no idea what to do so I folded. Does anyone disagree with my play? Thanks in advance for the help.

P.S. I went on to finish 4th in this tournament when I called this guy's all-in with 22. He had AK, so I had him beat, but of course he catches an ace on the flop! I swear party is rigged.

edge
07-04-2004, 01:26 AM
Top set (the absolute nuts) with no draws, except a weird Broadway? I'd definitely be calling here. Even if the Broadway does hit, you have a few outs to fill up, and you're leading any possible hand at the moment.

Ian J
07-04-2004, 01:47 AM
Not to be rude, but this whole post is a joke correct?

JGalt
07-04-2004, 04:50 AM
Worst episode ever!!

Tosh
07-04-2004, 05:44 AM
Fold preflop.

pzhon
07-04-2004, 08:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I get KK first hand and raise 5xBB after some limpers. I get 5 calls!

Flop is K J 2 rainbow... SB goes all-in and three people call! I had no idea what to do so I folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many limpers were there in front of you? KK wins less than 50% against 5 random hands. You put your chips in when you were more likely to lose than to win. That's just throwing chips away. At least you got out of the hand when your opponents showed strength; people say KK loses value in a multi-way pot. Fold and wait for a better opportunity. Congrats on finishing 4th.
<font color="white">Of course I'm joking.</font>