PDA

View Full Version : Empire Problem...

BreakEvenPlayer
07-04-2004, 12:20 AM
Just downloaded their program and when it tries to boot up it says that it needs to install an upgrade. Shows the box waiting to D/L the upgrade but never starts downloading it.

Why would they have a version that is not up to date download from the main page? Anyone else with problems?

gabyyyyy
07-04-2004, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would they have a version that is not up to date download from the main page? Anyone else with problems?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would a multimillion dollar company hire towel heads to run their buisness?

The world may never know

BreakEvenPlayer
07-04-2004, 12:37 AM
We all knew you were stupid and ignorant... but racist as well???

Goddamn when are we going to make some progress in this world???

Thythe
07-04-2004, 12:38 AM
I'm having the same problem. I had to reformat my computer so was redownloading Empire today and I can't get it to work either. I get the forever searching for update box too. Maybe it will fix itself by tomorrow?...

gabyyyyy
07-04-2004, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I always thought you were stupid and ignorant... but racist as well???

[/ QUOTE ]

To be calling it a race would give them far too much credit.

Besides, have you noticed they are stealing all of our jobs?

Perhaps you like sleeping with the enemy, but I do not.

Acesover8s
07-04-2004, 01:03 AM
If only I knew where you were so I could spit on you.

ebranig
07-04-2004, 02:10 AM
I'm having this same problem, anyone else?

Poker blog
07-04-2004, 02:24 AM
Whoa. That's absolutely horrid.

You've always written stupid and pathetic things.

But this is just unreal. How racist and sad.

MicroBob
07-04-2004, 02:58 AM
gabby - this is not the first time you have used the phrase 'towel head'.

i am requesting that you please stop using this phrase as many (including yours truly) find it to be truly racist and offensive.

if this is an overly politcally correct view for others around here to stomach than i apologize....but i don't think we should be forced to just sit back and tolerate such racist remarks.

i agree with you that their customer-support is completely incompetent much fo the time....but the racism is uncalled for.

Losing all
07-04-2004, 03:13 AM
If you want to spout such garbage at least get your facts straight. The good people of India are not "towel heads", and if they even have an enemy, it's radical Islam. Don't be so thick

gabyyyyy
07-04-2004, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i agree with you that their customer-support is completely incompetent much fo the time....but the racism is uncalled for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok first of all the SOLE reason for their lousy customer support, is because they have retarded INDIANS who speak hardly any english at all.

So is that better? Race plays a big part in why party poker's support is so awful. If they were americans we would not even be having this discussion.

MicroBob
07-04-2004, 03:27 AM
i think this may be marginally better than the phrase 'towel-heads' but is still extremely racist nonetheless.

i've received great customer-support from foreign individuals in the past and have received incompetent support from here in the good ol' USofA.

obviously the language barrier plays a factor in the qulity of support given. that is not a reason to call them 'retarded indians'.

if they were from somewhere else would you call them
- retarded mexicans (or spics)
- retarded chinese
- retarded africans

just try to avoid the racist remarks and i would very much appreciate it.
i think this is a reasonable request.

gabyyyyy
07-04-2004, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think this may be marginally better than the phrase 'towel-heads' but is still extremely racist nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob, It is NOT extremely racist. The mere fact that I pointed this out means capitalism is working. If you never complain things will never change. It just happens to be that party poker employs Indians who do not understand the English language. And yes If they were spanish, american, mexican whatever I would still be making the same comments.

You call it racism and I call it reality. I am so so sorry that I always have to be the bearer of bad news. It really is tough being the person who says what no one else here dares to say. The person who posts what everyone is really thinking, and the person who takes the brunt of the harassment as a result. You know what, I accept that harsh fact and will continue to post the general consensus regardless of the political correctness. I am not running for political office, nor have much to lose either way from posting how I really feel.

I apologize if I offended you, but as the old saying goes :"If you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen". I like you Bob, but if my posts are too rash for you to handle, you can always choose to press the button and ignore me.

ebranig
07-04-2004, 03:50 AM
can anybody help me with the topic of this post? The empire problem?

MicroBob
07-04-2004, 03:53 AM
why on earth would you actually think anyone around here would stay on topic?
lol

sorry.....i believe a couple others responded that they were having the same problem.
you can try again later or try contacting customer support (which is unlikely to be of any help).

dink
07-04-2004, 04:54 AM
Just for the record,

i am not part of this consensus

[ QUOTE ]
You call it racism and I call it reality. I am so so sorry that I always have to be the bearer of bad news. It really is tough being the person who says what no one else here dares to say. The person who posts what everyone is really thinking, and the person who takes the brunt of the harassment as a result. You know what, I accept that harsh fact and will continue to post the general consensus regardless of the political correctness. I am not running for political office, nor have much to lose either way from posting how I really feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gabby it is quite ignorant to think that you speak for the majority, as far as I am concerned this is your delusional way of justifying your ignorance and racism.

actually I can't believe I even made this post, no yo yo for you,

I just wanted to say this is not my thinking

Dink /images/graemlins/mad.gif

daveymck
07-04-2004, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob, It is NOT extremely racist. The mere fact that I pointed this out means capitalism is working. If you never complain things will never change. It just happens to be that party poker employs Indians who do not understand the English language. And yes If they were spanish, american, mexican whatever I would still be making the same comments.

I apologize if I offended you, but as the old saying goes :"If you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen". I like you Bob, but if my posts are too rash for you to handle, you can always choose to press the button and ignore me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best thing you ever did was announce you were leaving months ago, but then you came back.

These posts tonight show you for what you are ignorant, racist and have the inability to understand how certain phrases could be deemed higly offensive to many people.

Dont make out you are on some moral crusade to post what we are all really thinking, yu are not, you are so out of touch with the real world that most of us on here inhabit, and even more ignorant of the poker world.

The reality is that support given by many software and online companies is poor, I deal with it all the time and have done for years in work and there generally is no differance whether it be support given by Americans/Indians/British/Europeans or whoever.

And one last thing the reason the "retarded towel heads" are coming to the States and the Uk to "take our jobs" is becase they study a hell of a lot harder than the average American and UK. They are not coming to take jobs they are coming to plug skills gaps in the IT industry because in the main not enough people are coming through of a calibre to take those jobs.

When I worked for one of the US's major software providers they were pushing into the Indian market to top up graduate recruitment of the calibre they needed. I had to give one of the indian managers a touristy tour when he came to Edinburgh and speakig to him about life and the work ethic over there made me realise how lucky I was to be in the UK and also how lazy our work ethic had become in comparison.

I feel this is a bad as any post Ryan_21 did re germany and that at this point you should be banned.

Santo
07-04-2004, 08:06 AM
I recieved a reply telling me to download from the main site... wasn't incredibly helpful as that's what I was already doing... and that was from their "technical team" :-p

34TheTruth34
07-04-2004, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It is NOT extremely racist

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, referring to a group of people living in India as "towel heads" is extremely racist.

[ QUOTE ]
If you never complain things will never change.

[/ QUOTE ]

believe it or not, you can complain that Empire's customer support is bad without using the words "towel heads" or "retarded Indians"

[ QUOTE ]
You call it racism and I call it reality

[/ QUOTE ]

I call it ignorance

[ QUOTE ]
It really is tough being the person who says what no one else here dares to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

no one else dares to say this stuff because it's stupid, ignorant, and racist.

[ QUOTE ]
The person who posts what everyone is really thinking...

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely not. Nobody is thinking what you think and practically nobody agrees with any of your posts.

[ QUOTE ]
...and the person who takes the brunt of the harassment as a result.

[/ QUOTE ]

again, you take the brunt of the harassment because you say stupid, ignorant, and now racist things that make you look like a jackass. So, of course, people flame you.

You are a load that should have been swallowed.

Jimbo
07-04-2004, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you downloaded Party First or already had it on your PC you will not easily be able to install Empire.

Jimbo

ebranig
07-04-2004, 03:20 PM
... but it can be done? How??

Thythe
07-04-2004, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you downloaded Party First or already had it on your PC you will not easily be able to install Empire.

Jimbo

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this really true? Does their software detect Party and then force a modified download that doesn't work? Keep in mind, we're not trying to open a new account (well, some of these people probably are, but I'm not), just trying to get the software back on the computer.

Homer
07-04-2004, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I always thought you were stupid and ignorant... but racist as well???

[/ QUOTE ]

To be calling it a race would give them far too much credit.

Besides, have you noticed they are stealing all of our jobs?

Perhaps you like sleeping with the enemy, but I do not.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=walmart

MicroBob
07-04-2004, 05:27 PM
i don't know what jimbo is talking about.

it is my experience that you can download the software just fine.....the difficulty comes in establishing a new account.

perhaps jimbo has some experience with this that is different than mine though......but i have not heard of any others having trouble downloading empire.

if it really is updating then i wonder how long it has been since you played there. i don't believe they have had an update for awhile.

sorry i can't be of more help.

Frozen
07-04-2004, 08:49 PM
Umm...nevermind. I meant white POWDER. A couple lines can really perk you up and lift your spirits when you're feeling a bit worn down.
"Racism is the lowest, most crudely primitive form of collectivism. It is the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man's genetic lineage - the notion that a man's intellectual and characterological traits are produced and transmitted by his internal body chemistry. Which means, in practice, that a man is to be judged, not by his own character and actions, but by the characters and actions of a collective of ancestors.
Racism claims that the content of a man's mind (not his cognitive apparatus, but its content) is inherited; that a man's convictions, values and character are determined before he is born, by physical factors beyond his control. This is the caveman's version of the doctrine of innate ideas - or of inherited knowledge - which has been thoroughly refuted by philosophy and science. Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes."

"If the individual has all the rights and privileges due him under the laws and the Constitution, we need not worry about groups and masses"
the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities."

"There is only one antidote to racism: the philosophy of individualism"

"A genius is a genius, regardless of the number of morons who belong to the same race - and a moron is a moron, regardless of the number of geniuses who share his racial origin."

~Ayn Rand