PDA

View Full Version : me weak-tight?

sthief09
07-03-2004, 08:08 PM
one of my goals in my big poker comeback was to go with my reads better. if it's clear that I'm beat, I should fold. I'm calling down too much when there's a minimal chance I'm ahead.

I don't ahve the hand history so I'll just format it myself

full 2/4 table on empire
I raise UTG with black AJo, UTG+1 cold-calls, and SB 3-bets, leaving him with $9

flop comes A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB bets, I raise, UTG+1 3-bets, SB calls, I call

turn 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB bets $3 all-in, I fold...

Kevroc
07-03-2004, 09:11 PM
Has this guy suffered any bad losses to be at such a short stack? Maybe he's tilting away his money and got married to a weak ace or underpair.

joker122
07-03-2004, 09:23 PM
I agree that SB's desperation all-in should be disregarded a majority of the time. But I'm more worried about UTG+1. I don't think he has a holding worthy of a preflop and flop 3bet that is behind hero's AJ. I also fold here...not sure if it's correct though.

sthief09
07-04-2004, 06:00 PM
apparently my hand is too tough for you guys to respond to so I'll post the results /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

they strangely both also had AJ. I thought it was possible UTG+1 flopped something nice, or a flush draw, so I feared a raise behind me.

SpaceAce
07-04-2004, 07:36 PM
I'm sorry, but considering that this is PartyPoker $2/$4 and one of the players is short-stacked and going all-in, I think this fold is ridiculous.

SpaceAce