PDA

View Full Version : 99 didn't feel right....

sthief09
07-03-2004, 07:57 PM
playing 2/4 to clear my Empire500 bonus, plus I don't play well in multiway pots so I figured this should be good practice

UTG folds, UTG+1 limps, UTG+2 limps, MP1 raises, MP2 folds, MP3 3-bets, CO calls, button folds, SB folds, Hero calls with 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the BB

Flop: (T /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif) (6 players, 18 SB)

Hero checks, checked to MP1 who bets, MP3 raises, CO 3-bets, Hero caps, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls all-in $2

Turn: (3 players, 1 all-in, 16.5BB)2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, MP1 raises, MP3 folds, Hero calls

I'm planning to check-call if the board pairs...

River: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players, 1 all-in, 20.5 BB)

Hero checks, MP1 bets, Hero calls.

Stefan Prodan
07-03-2004, 08:01 PM
You mean if the board doesn't pair?

sthief09
07-03-2004, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You mean if the board doesn't pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, I plan on check-calling regardless. the board is JT9 and he raised, but didn't cap preflop. I check-capped on the flop and he raised me on the turn. he's either got KQ, JJ, or TT. if I bet, KQ won't raise me but JJ or TT will. If I check-raise KQ will call but JJ or TT will 3-bet me

if I check, I think he'll still bet with the nut straight.

Stefan Prodan
07-03-2004, 08:24 PM
I don't understand, why would KQ not raise you on the turn with the nut straight?

sthief09
07-04-2004, 11:34 AM
what are you talking about? he did raise me

elindauer
07-04-2004, 01:51 PM
I think you did a good job recognizing when a very strong hand is probably not strong enough. Your opponent's turn raise after your check-cap with no two-flush looks frightening. It's hard to imagine AA still firing on the turn after all that flop action. You have to keep calling of course to draw out on a straight, and you have to call the river in case you're against, say, top two pair. Well played.

my 2 cents.
Eric

gamblore99
07-04-2004, 02:07 PM
Well played.

If the hand was the same, but there was only one limper, would you still call it preflop. What about 0 limpers?

sthief09
07-04-2004, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well played.

If the hand was the same, but there was only one limper, would you still call it preflop. What about 0 limpers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the preflop call was very marginal as it is. any less limpers and I'll fold. if there was a raise, a 3-bet then 2 cold-callers I'd also fold. I was in good check-raise position, which is why I called.

I was actually looking for some feedback on the preflop call, as well as my plan after getting raised on the turn.

sthief09
07-04-2004, 05:54 PM
my post didn't seem to tickle anyone's fancy, so I'll tell you that he has K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the nuts