PDA

View Full Version : I like my play, do you?

B Dids
07-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Dids is Button with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Dids 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, CO calls.

CO loves to bet like this when it's folded to him. He's shown that he will steal, but will back down post flop. I 3-bet to isolate here.

Flop: (12 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Dids bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, CO folds.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Dids bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Dids checks.

My thought here was that either A- they were on draws that didn't get there, or I'm dead. I didn't see a hand that beat me calling here.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 7d Ac (two pair, eights and sixes).
Dids shows 9c 9h (two pair, nines and eights).
SB shows Ah 9s (two pair, eights and sixes).
Outcome: Dids wins 10.50 BB. </font>

afk
07-03-2004, 07:50 PM
I like it. I think the river check is appropriate with a two paired board.

cold_cash
07-03-2004, 07:54 PM
I actually think you can bet the river here. Could be debatable though, I'm sure.

If he's got an Ace he might call thinking he's going to chop this with you, and if he's got a pocket pair bigger than yours I would imagine he would have raised you somewhere along the way.

77 would also probably call. (I know it's a long shot he has exactly that, I just thought I would throw it out there.)

B Dids
07-03-2004, 08:00 PM
A lot of this was based on table texture. I probably would have heard from 77 if the villians had it, so I assumed total straight draws. Lots of chasing. Later in the day I actually bet the river with KQ on an AK board with two heats, as I correctly assumed that the two kids who'd called me all the way were on draws.

Mostly I'm not sure that if I do bet I'm good enough in this situation often enough to make it +EV.

gojacketz
07-03-2004, 09:27 PM
I really like the way you played it. I am not sure if a river bet is in order or not. I have seen so many players on Party that see a double paired board and will call down with any A or any K, and I have seen a couple call with a J, hehe.

I think there are some hands that will call you on the river that you beat, but I probably also check it out most of the time. I would have to have some good notes on these two guys not to check it out on the river.

Gojacketz

HajiShirazu
07-03-2004, 09:30 PM
Bet the river every time-very easy bet. In fact I like the river card because now I can get paid off by someone with an ace.
I would be more worried about losing to somebody who called two cold with tens or jacks out of the blinds, but that's not a big worry at all.

Sent
07-03-2004, 09:34 PM
I live the play here, nice 3-betting the CO with a read on him. As for the river, against the blinds like that I dunno if I would bet either since you wonder what they are calling you down with, if it is middle pair or something they just hit a FH.

-Sent

afk
07-03-2004, 10:08 PM
I've been thinking about this more, and I'm starting to lean towards a river bet. What hands would SB and BB call this preflop with? My best guess would be that the average low limit player would feasibly call with high cards or a med-high pair, so I guess it's less likely you're up against a full house and more likely you're up against some high cards that haven't hit.

SteveY
07-03-2004, 11:03 PM
I have a kind of related question.

How often do you guys find yourself getting check-raised on the river? I feel like I've run into it a lot, which probably makes me hesitant to make these "easy bets" when a scary card comes.

Should I generally just see their checking as weakness, or does it depend on the player?