PDA

View Full Version : Q2s

cold_cash
07-03-2004, 07:14 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $1. MP3 posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks,

Flop: (7 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (8 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11 BB, between MP3, Hero and UTG.</font>

Once again, I got some "interesting" comments concerning my abilities as a poker player after this hand.

Who does what differently?

tech
07-03-2004, 07:22 PM
I don't mind the preflop call. There was a debate in SS over a similar hand I posted with K2s. If you are confident in your postflop skills, then there is nothing wrong with playing Kxs or Qxs here.

The flop call is very very thin. You are going to have to improve to win, and you don't quite have the odds. An argument can be made that implied odds make up the difference. I'll assume that was your thinking as well.

If you weren't going to raise this turn, you should have folded the flop.

I like the river bet. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cold_cash
07-03-2004, 07:31 PM
Normally I'm not limping here, but there were 3 posters who all checked, so I thought that might be reason enough.

Getting 9:1 on my flop with a 5-outer seems like plenty, or so I thought. (Assuming my outs are all clean.)

The turn was where I was a little flabbergasted about what to do. I wanted to raise, but I wasn't sure if I wanted UTG to fold or not. In essence I decided to go for the overcall out of him, but I'm not sure if that was the right line or not.

I'm still thinking about this one.

Jaran
07-04-2004, 12:40 AM
Hey Cold,
Post flop, I play the same, but I would fold this pf most of the time. I don't think your call is horrible given all the posters, but personally I don't want to play this hand.

-Jaran

HajiShirazu
07-04-2004, 06:17 AM
This may seem absolutely insane and I can't believe I have even considered it but I would almost raise preflop with all the posters, as you are a marginal favorite over their totally random hands and you'd like some of them to fold. Ok, I wouldn't do it, but I figured I would at least throw it out there. If your hand was any better at all, even J9s or Kxs, you should raise. But since people who post in MP never fold to a raise, I would just call too. Ok, you have Q2s so I don't think folding can ever be that wrong either but I would like to take a flop with it against these random hands on the button.
On the turn it seems that UTG has a draw or is afraid of what you have...in one case you would really like to raise, while in the other you would rather call and collect twice as many bets. I think I just call because it wins the most money in most cases.
Finally and I'm sure you know this, don't respond or care to table comments-you had a plan with this hand and it was a decent one. Just let them think you're a mindless fish.

afk
07-04-2004, 07:38 AM
I think your flop call is fine. Though I'm not yet comfortable with playing Qxs outside of the blinds.

Sent
07-04-2004, 07:48 AM
I think the PF call was ok, and the post flop play was good as well considering the odds.

-Sent

afk
07-04-2004, 07:51 AM
Oh, I'm only saying that personally, I'm not comfortable playing suited queens outside the blinds quite yet. If others are, I've got no guff with that.

B Dids
07-04-2004, 09:47 AM
Given that half the table is posting, I think you can feel good about this call.

What are you doing on the turn if "Operation Suckout, Step 1, Turn a Queen" doesn't work?

An aside- any time I see this many posters, I love having a big hand, 'cause I know that there's a great chance they're all calling if I raise.

Peter Harris
07-04-2004, 11:45 AM
all fine, 7 players with Q2s, something sort of like this in HPFAP (button call with Q5s +limpers).

flop call is thin, you should probably raise the turn. nice hand, good play. Don't let them talk you down!

Good play.

Regards,
Pete Harris

tech
07-04-2004, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(Assuming my outs are all clean.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's the thing. Your Q outs might not be good. That's why I said that if you assumed they were good, raise the turn.