PDA

View Full Version : KJs play

CT11
07-03-2004, 06:23 PM
How should this have been played?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (9 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (12 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 14 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14 BB, between MP2 and Hero.</font>

~CT11

*edited: forgot to change subject to something descriptive*

cnfuzzd
07-03-2004, 07:12 PM
You probably lost to AK, possibly aces or a set of kings. However, you have the second nut flush draw, so you are some what stuck to the hand, especially with the sb calling with you. I would probably make a crying call on the river, but i showdown to much as it is, so take that with a grain of salt.

peace

john nickle

cold_cash
07-03-2004, 07:18 PM
After the flop I think you played it ok, but I'm not so sure about the cold-call.

How would you have played it if the flop had been K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif instead?

uuDevil
07-03-2004, 07:52 PM
I fold before the flop but looks fine after.

CT11
07-03-2004, 08:10 PM
I ended up loosing to AA. If I had not gotten the flush draw I probably would have raised on the flop and folded on the 3-bet though I have a bad tendency to call situations like that because I've seen so many players at these tables try and pull moves on people with middle pair or nothing at all. Either way I would be unhappy about it.

~CT11

afk
07-03-2004, 08:18 PM
If I was sure that SB would come along, I'd probably cap the flop here too.

spamuell
07-03-2004, 08:38 PM
I don't like the pre-flop cold call. What would a typical raiser have here that you would like to be against? You don't know how multiway this pot is going to be, I muck pre-flop.

[ QUOTE ]
If I had not gotten the flush draw I probably would have raised on the flop and folded on the 3-bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Even without the flush draw, folding to a 3-bet on the flop after you raise would be terrible. You'll be getting something like 14:1 to see the turn, this is easily enough to see the turn if you're against AA and just about against AK. The only hand you are crushed by is KK and that's really unlikely. It is awful to fold to a flop 3-bet.

gojacketz
07-03-2004, 09:20 PM
I am not fond of paying 2 bets to see a flop with KJs.

Besides that, I would probably cap the flop call it down on the turn and river if I don't hit my flush, that is, if it gets bet before me. Hopefully it gets checked to you on the turn, but if it is, I might think I was ahead and bet it on the turn, still got a ton of outs if I am not ahead.

Gojacketz