PDA

View Full Version : NLHE HU, WEEK 1

theBruiser500
07-03-2004, 06:12 PM
Doing teams is too much work, playoffs sounds like a good idea not sure how that should be organized yet (any ideas)? In the meantime, I wanted to get htis league started. You should play 3 matches, although if both of you only have time for 1, that's fine or if you want, play more. Also, $20 for each game sounds reasonable (most of the people that signed up are good players that play stakes high enough to handle $20 games) - but anyway, if both you and your opponent agree to play less or more that's fine.

Try to get these games done in one week. Also, I think it would be nice if you posted the time you and your opponent agree to play each other (you and your opponent will have to PM each other to wokr out a good time to play) so others can watch. Post interesting hands to discuss, in another thread. This week I randomly paired people, next week I'll take the people that won and match them against each other and take the losers and match them against each other (and randomize within those groups). Goodluck all.

muzungu v. turnipmonster
grifter v. ALl 1n
justin a. v strasser
ml4l v. harsnic
daaan v. fsuplayer
bruiser v. felson
dottt v. swimfan
cero z v. gomberg
derrek v. dmk
jen v. acesover8s
sahagurie v. gergery

matt flynn and GoG you are paired with each other because you requested to play a little, but not regularly on the league.

fsuplayer
07-03-2004, 08:27 PM
Not sure if its just spelled wrong, but I tried PM'ing Daaan and it says that he is not a user on the forums.

Let me know Bruiser,

Thanks,

FsuPlayer

theBruiser500
07-03-2004, 09:38 PM
I was careless with the user names, go back to the last thread about this league and you'll find his name spelt correctly.

Matt Flynn
07-03-2004, 10:12 PM
hey why do i have to play gog? gimme a bunny first round.

matt

theBruiser500
07-03-2004, 10:25 PM
you and GoG don't want to do this regularly, right? so i figured you two could play each other at your leisure, and when you're ready for another match i'll set you up with someone else. if you want to play every week i'll randomize your opponent...

Acesover8s
07-03-2004, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hey why do i have to play gog? gimme a bunny first round.

matt

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm your huckleberry.

Matt Flynn
07-03-2004, 11:21 PM
i'm your stunt bunny

sign me up for this [censored]

but AA88 you better take paypal 'cause i got no pokerstars chips.

ALL1N
07-04-2004, 02:32 AM
Hey good on ya for putting this together bruiser. It'll be difficult but I hope it works.

Grifter: I'm going away tomorrow until Thursday. I'm EST for Australia, so PM me your preferred times and we'll work something out.

Richie

Acesover8s
07-04-2004, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm your stunt bunny

sign me up for this [censored]

but AA88 you better take paypal 'cause i got no pokerstars chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have money on Party, right? We can arrange a transfer there, since there is no juice, paypal charges. PM me to work out the details.

theBruiser500
07-04-2004, 06:12 PM
Okay Matt Flynn, Jen PMed me saying she's busy, so you take her place, against AcesOver8s, GoG is out until he PMs me telling me what he wants to do.

START PLAYING YOUR GAMES

ML4L
07-08-2004, 01:37 PM
Hey Bruiser,

I apologize for the headache that this might cause with your match-ups, but I do not have regular access to the internet right now, and I don't think that I'm going to be able to play my match this week. So, group me with Matt and GoG for now (hopefully that'll change in a couple weeks), and either of them is welcome to take my match against harsanic if he so chooses.

Sorry for the delay; I'm out of town.

ML4L

theBruiser500
07-11-2004, 04:56 PM
This league is canceled. No one is playing any games, no one cares about it. Although, my opponent felson for the first weak PM'd me saying he forfeited, so I get 1 point and the victory. I WIN THIS LEAGUE!!!! I have 1 point and everyone else has 0 points.

Instead of this league, I figure I'll sporadically PM people who signed up and see if I can set up individual matches with them.

Daann
07-11-2004, 06:18 PM
Fsuplayer and I just played our matches which I won 2-1, though the deciding match went on so long that size of the blinds meant that the luck factor overrode the skill.

Maybe we should leave it a week and let a few more people play their matches, and then decide whether to cancel it.