PDA

View Full Version : $500 for $10 Tourney.

Mike Haven
07-03-2004, 03:17 PM
(also posted in the zoo)

here's a new idea for a zoo(ish) tourney, to see if you're interested

some of us don't think we are all that great as tourney players, but we enjoy strong competition as long as we aren't paying too much for the privilege

but if the price is too low, perhaps some of the best players don't bother to play

here's an idea for a compromise

we play ten $10 one-table private tournaments, probably at tgc, one per day over ten days (it will be limit, so that the playing field is levelled, a little)

each table-winner wins a $100 seat in a one-table private tournament with $500 for the winner, $300 for second, and $200 for third

the initial games will be on a first come first served basis - once the schedule is posted, you will pm me and say "i'll play in 10th july game, and 12th july game if i don't win", etc - i'll keep you informed as to numbers of players needed, but not who your competition in that game will be until the table is full - you'll have to pre-register/pay by a day or two so there are no empty seats

i reckon we'll need about fifty or sixty players at least to fill all initial 100 seats

please pm me if you are interested in playing - i'm hoping there may be a few free dollars involved from tgc, but i'll announce that if and when it happens

thank you

mikey checks
07-03-2004, 10:20 PM
I think it sounds like a good idea and encourages more serious competition !

Also, the final table will be sick ! BUT the chips should be distributed accordingly....i.e. 1000 at first tables but then winner takes 10,000 to final

Mike Haven
07-04-2004, 08:59 AM
thank you, mikey

we need more entrants to get this off the ground, so please pm me as soon as possible if you want a low cost game against top competition but with a reasonable chance to win a good prize - come first on two tables of ten and you'll win $500 for $10

to test the set-up, the first game should be on friday 8.30pm - if you want to be in it, we still have a few seats - first come, first served - please let me know by pm

finally, tgc has a special bonus on offer at the moment - see tgc post here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=797490&page=3& view=expanded&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1)

Mike Haven
07-05-2004, 11:47 PM
good news!

everyone's friend, and expert odds-layer, HavanaBanana, has generously agreed to reward anyone who wins a Heat with the GrannyMae (Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/spade.gif) an extra cash sum of $50!