PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie comes to Gobble some Fish

Fish Stalker
07-03-2004, 12:29 PM
Hello, my name is Gordon. I have been lurking here for about 2 weeks. I've just started playing online but have played poker for about 2 years at my home game.

Fortunately (for my education) my home game opponents are fairly good and willing to teach me. Several of them go to Atlantic City on a regular basis and are winning players there (I have never been there).

Well, I expect this forum will be my home base for the next six months, as I want to develop a killer online game. I think the threads I read on specific hands here are just so informative.

Can you suggest a few of the best "classic" threads on key micro limit concepts that have been posted here?

I have limited time to read these forums, should I concentrate on microlimits or is it a mistake to not also read the other 3 HE forums?

I am looking forward to some good discussions.

Gordon

easypete
07-03-2004, 12:48 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I would start with the Essays section.

I don't know that there are any real "classic" threads. They are all based on the strategies and concepts from the books. HPFAP and TOP are the main books.

Also, if you're going to start playing online, I would strongly suggest "Psychology of Poker" by Al Schoonmaker and "Inside the Poker Mind" by John Feeney. Tilt can be devestating. Learn to handle it early on.

I spend most of my time in the Micros. I also have a limited time. I spend about 90% of it here. About 5% in Prbability and 5% in Psychology. If I've read all the posts, then I lurk in the General forum.

07-03-2004, 01:29 PM
Here is the best link to the best links to the best links /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Links to a few real gems on this board (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=micro&Number=732981&fpart= &PHPSESSID=)

Once you sink your teeth into those ( and there is alot of good stuff in there), The search engine is your best friend.

Enjoy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

rjc199
07-03-2004, 06:00 PM
read any post by Ed Miller, Clarkmeister, Dynasty, and the three guys that run the place: Mason Malmuth, David Sklansky, and Ray Zee.