PDA

View Full Version : bad turn decision?

01-19-2002, 09:21 PM
Loose 10 handed game. I'm in the BB with red queens. 4 players limp, SB calls and I just call.

Flop is: 8(h), 8(d), 9(d). I bet out and get 2 callers (mid-position and the button).

Turn is 10(s). I bet and get raised by the mid-position player, who is extremely loose and see 90% of flops. The button coldcalls. I am pretty sure I'm behind, but I have 6 outs, so I call.

River is a blank. The turn-raiser bets and the button makes a crying call. I fold my pocket queens.

01-19-2002, 09:35 PM
88,99,910,jq,j9,89s,are all very realistic limping hands. There is somany ways you are already beat, plus flush possibilities, so checking here I believe is probably best. 6 outs?

with the pair on board eetc, I think queens

would be your only out, giving you only 2. good luck

01-19-2002, 10:03 PM
The mid-position player shows down 8,3 (o) and takes down the pot! The button has something like top pair, though I can't remember exactly what his hand is.

As I said in my 1st post, the mid-position (MP) player sees 90% of the flops, so it's hard for me to put him on a hand on the flop. On the turn, I do worry about possible trip, straight or even full house, but then again, I don't want to give overcards (A, K) a free card, that's why I bet out. Another reason to bet out is that once I get raised, I know that I'm behind and if I don't improve on the river, I can safely dump my hand (MP is not very tricky). If I just check and call the turn bet, I'll have to call the river bet 'cuz I don't know where I stand. So I'll lose 2 big bets either way if I'm beat, but by betting the turn, I can at least protect my hand if it's good.

01-20-2002, 08:22 PM
your logic is flawed. If you check and there is action behind you, then when you dont improve its time to get out not call because you dont know

where your at...?

What your saying is, if there is betting but no raising you cant judge the situation correctly.

with this board you have to give someone credit

for the hand. But what is worse, is that you posted the question and prdtrmined howw you would respond. The reesults are meaningless. good luck