PDA

View Full Version : K-10s out of BB

RickA
07-03-2004, 11:28 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO raises, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO bets, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero raises, CO 3-bets, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Haupt_234
07-03-2004, 11:34 AM
This is not the time you want to slowplay top two pair. There is a coordinated board with a flush draw and straight draw out. Also, no one raised preflop so it isn't likely someone caught a king with a good kicker. Therefore, it will be hard to find someone who bets in this situation.

A free card would be disasterous in this situation, which is what you were risking by checking the flop. Bet right out, it isn't likely someone will put you on top two pair anyway.

Haupt_234

Baulucky
07-03-2004, 11:37 AM
And the flop call instead of raise is even worse...

Kevroc
07-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Do people tend to bet their draws on this table? I think c/r the flop is a good idea, especially if the bet comes late. Just calling doesnt seem so bad PF, KTs can withstand a little multi-way action no?

BTW, I wouldn't go directly into c/c mode when the spade spikes, you still have outs.

RickA
07-03-2004, 11:42 AM
Haupt 234

Actually the CO raised and I thought this was a steal attempt. I felt I could induce him into continuing on with his bluff. However I agree that he had too may potential draws for me to slowplay this.

RickA

Haupt_234
07-03-2004, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually the CO raised and I thought this was a steal attempt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you think this? Has the CO done similar steals in the past? Either way, he most likely hit some piece of that flop and will be drawing against your made hand. Charge him as much as you can before his card comes. Since you did check, checkraise the flop.

Also, many people in the position of the CO will check the turn for the free card. This is another reason why waiting to checkraise the turn is a bad idea.

Haupt_234

RickA
07-03-2004, 11:49 AM
Baulucky
After choosing to slowplay this hand would I not be better off raising on the turn. He ended having AA and the 2 on the river gave him a higher 2 pair.

RickA

Haupt_234
07-03-2004, 11:52 AM
Whoops, I just realized it was raised preflop. I think this is an easy fold preflop. Playing K10s against an UTG caller and CO raiser out of position, I think K10s is slim to win and is better off folded.

Haupt_234

RickA
07-03-2004, 11:55 AM
The table had become very passive and late position raises had started to win alot of pots. I assumed he was trying the same. I liked your thought that he probably wouldn't have put me on 2 pair so I could have built the pot with a flop cr just as easily with less risk of a free card.

Thanks for the help

Haupt_234
07-03-2004, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The table had become very passive and late position raises had started to win alot of pots. I assumed he was trying the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is unlikely a steal since the UTG caller is already in the pot.

Haupt_234

gamblore99
07-03-2004, 12:23 PM
calling in the SB looks ok to me.
U should have gone for a checkraise on the flop, bet the turn, and bet the river. 3-bet the flop and bet/call the rest of the way. Slowplaying this hand looks very very dangerous.