PDA

View Full Version : Live 5-5 NL hand

TomCollins
07-03-2004, 10:10 AM
I'll try my best to remember. Game is fairly passive with 1 or 2 aggressive players however, one about 2 seats to either side of me. One of the aggressive players is on the button, but I decide to limp in after a few limpers with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
No one raises, and flop comes Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
I come out betting, hoping for some action from one of the aggressive players, betting $25. I'm called by just one of the aggressive players (on my right). Turn is an offsuit J, he checks, I bet $50 or $75 (can't remember), and he calls. Turn is an offsuit king. He bets $100, and has me covered. I have about $600 behind me. I push (mistake?).

I figure I can only be called with better hands. Results in white below. Is this overbet a good play or bad play? To be honest, I forgot I had rolls of cash under my money, and thought I was going to make about a pot sized raise. Once I realized I put about $600 in, I had a pretty nervous look on my face as well. Good play, bad play?

<font color="white">He thinks for a little after asking for a count down, and calls. I piss my pants, and he asks to show. I ask if he has the nuts (figuring he must), and flip my hand. He mucks! </font>

bulletspoker
07-03-2004, 11:23 AM
Well it depends on the read you have on the guy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Sound like he hit the King on the river or had two pair/set.