PDA

View Full Version : 2 hands

jt1
07-03-2004, 07:44 AM
Hand 1: MP1 is a calling station who is passive before the flop. He takes the lead on the river without improving, but can fold to a raise. BB is passive before and a calling station after.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.16 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 9.16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.16 BB, between MP1, Hero and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (9.16 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 2d 2s (two pair, aces and twos).
MP1 shows Qs Qh (two pair, aces and queens).
Hero shows Kc Ks (two pair, aces and kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 9.16 BB. </font>

Hand 2: Just sat down - no reads.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">6 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks,

Flop: (3.33 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.66 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 5.66 BB, won by CO.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to CO.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. CO wins 6.66 BB. </font>

BaronVonCP
07-03-2004, 07:53 AM
Bet the turn hand one. They are 'calling stations'. Give them the chance.

Hand 2 is tough without reads. I dunno about the 3 bet, just doesn't seem right. I'll think about it some more.

ZootMurph
07-03-2004, 07:54 AM
First, it's better to keep the results out of the post in these situations.

That being said, I would have bet all the way through in hand 1, or at least until someone check/raised me. Then I'd go to call down mode.

In hand 2, I'd bet out on the flop, and just call a raise. I'd check/call the turn. If the river is a Jack, 9, or /images/graemlins/spade.gif, I'd bet out. Otherwise, I'd check and call if I had no read on CO (to see what he's playing and catch some info) or fold if I'd had some previously. It also makes you look like a calling station/moron, which could help you in a future hand if anyone at the table is paying attention. Perfect opportunity being new at a new table, in my opinion, to get a read and give false information.

Schneids
07-03-2004, 08:33 AM
Hand One: Bet the turn. Passive opponents should make it not difficult to fold to a check raise. If they were aggressive or tricky I can see merit to checking the turn since you are definitely ahead or definitely behind, but as it is I see a strong need to bet -- especially with two potential flush draws out there who will call as well.

Hand two: What range of hands do you put him on? I'd consider calling the turn to see if a jack or 9 comes, but honestly when I'm new to the table I don't think I can three bet top pair ok kicker against an unknown. Unless you wish to set up a loose-reckless image (which is probably pointless since most opponents won't even take notice) I prefer taking a passive route and finding out more info about the opponent. It'd be a real shame if the guy was a LAG and had T9 or KTs or something and not only did he take a pot from you, you didn't get to find that out right away. Aggressiveness is preached, but passivity is oftentimes right.