PDA

View Full Version : Nano-Limits: should I cap with AKo?

David K.
07-03-2004, 05:39 AM
Hi everybody! First post ever!

I'm playing .05/.10 at Pacific Poker against players who win hands with 73o or j4o on a regular basis. I'm trying to follow the advice of Lee Jones' WLLHM and play tight agressive. 8 handed. I'd love to have your comments on this play? Thanks.

Hero has As Kd in UTG+1

UTG calls, Hero raises, MP calls, MP+1 folds, CO folds, BT folds, SB folds, BB 3-bet, UTG folds, Hero caps, MP and BB call.

Flop [13SB]: Qh 5d Ks

BB bets, Hero raises and everybody calls

Turn [9BB]: Qs

BB bets, Hero raises, MP folds, BB calls

River [13BB]: 2s

BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls

HajiShirazu
07-03-2004, 05:45 AM
I think the preflop cap is pretty standard in this game.
I think you have to be worried when he bets the turn after the queen falls. It should be fairly obvious that you have a big hand, you capped preflop and he still likes his hand enough to fire into you again. I would just call down here.

cold_cash
07-03-2004, 06:00 AM
Hey David.

You really got the old stop-n-go treatment on this one. I think your play is fine until the turn, but at some point I think you have to give the BB credit for something. You capped before the flop, and raised the flop, and he's still coming full speed ahead.

I think the turn raise is marginal, but if the BB is completely clue-free it might not be too terrible. I think I would just call down after he bets the turn though. You've shown enough strength to let him know you like your hand, and he doesn't seem to care. The second Queen falling should also be a little disheartening.

The river raise is no good. He may not have a Queen, but I've got to believe he has something that beats your hand. If he doesn't, he's completely butchered this hand, and while that's a very real possibility I think you're beaten here the vast majority of the time.

deacsoft
07-03-2004, 06:38 AM
I agree with this play. Slow down after he bets in to you on the turn.

David K.
07-03-2004, 07:19 AM
Thanks a lot for the advice! I'm always thinking that maybe he's just trying to bluff and never want to give my opponent credit for anything...

BTW he won with AA.