PDA

View Full Version : AOL is blocking e-mails from paradise poker

MicroBob
07-03-2004, 03:57 AM
couldn't get any hand-histories tonight....and some others had posted difficulty hearing back from them....
so i changed my validated e-mail address and everything came started coming through fine.

i sent paradise an e-mail and they quickly responded with a message-box via their paradisepoker client (this was before i changed my address...so they had no other way to contact me)....those clever guys didn't take TOO long to figure out an alternate way to contact their customers.

here is what they said

hello robert,

yes, we have received a number of emails this evening from clients who have been unable to receive support emails or our automated emails from the server. our technical team is n contact with AOL bit it would appear that AOL has blocked our emails. at this time we would suggest that you contact AOL and lodge a complaint.

regards,
Paradise Poker

i wrote back to paradise and asked them to let me know which is the best address at AOL to lodge a complaint.

AOL did the same thing with emails from party and empire.
the block on those emails lasted from Jan or Feb all the way until late May or early June i think. party and empire were trying to get AOL to release the block but AOL kept saying that those groups needed to observe their spam-policies first.
obviously, part of the problem comes from the fact that many of their players are receiving hand-histories (as well as the congratulations emails that used to come in SNG's, etc etc).

when paradise lets me know the best address to contact AOL i am also going to let AOL know that i am going to be leaving their service soon and the difficulty i am having receiving emails that i need is a huge reason why.