PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 Live - AKo fast

DeathDonkey
07-03-2004, 02:56 AM
3/6 Live with kill. I'm losing and haven't had decent cards for two hours, but I still won't get any respect at this table when this hand comes up...

Decent EP raises and its folded to me in the CO where I 3 bet AKo, fishy SB calls the 3 bet (3 / 1 chip structure in the blinds!) and EP caps quickly, we both call

Flop is T74 rainbow, SB checks, EP bets, I raise, SB folds, EP calls. Turn is a King completing rainbow and EP checks, I bet, he calls. River is a blank and its another check/bet/call.

I think the turn and river are straightforward but is my flop raise good? (I got slightly lectured) I wanted to fold the SB even if EP 3 bet the flop.

Thanks in advance for any comments/criticisms,
DeathDonkey

Richard Berg
07-03-2004, 03:16 AM
Yes.

DeathDonkey
07-03-2004, 01:34 PM
Amazingly enough, this guy turned up TT for flopped top set. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to save so many bets (especially since I would have gone 3 at least on the turn), but this has to be the worst way to lose a hand. It happens to me like maybe once a session: I think there is no possible way my hand isn't good, I never even dream I am behind, I am betting the river and getting called with such confidence and assured-ness that I feel in complete command of my opponent. I confidently reveal my hand and state what I have, and somewhere between me tossing my cards to the dealer and stacking my chips, it dawns on me that he turned over something better, and for the first time, it becomes conceivable that I would not win that pot.

-DeathDonkey