PDA

View Full Version : A good player makes this fold?

Packerfan1
07-03-2004, 02:29 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Pack is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Pack calls, BB calls,

Flop: (8 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Pack checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Pack raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Pack calls.

Im obviously planning to checkraise unless a Ace or Club falls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Pack checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>,

&lt;and Pack goes into the tank&gt; Uh oh... I know this betting pattern. Thats a set. I know its a set. Pairs always come out together at Party /images/graemlins/smirk.gif and thats how all marginal players play a set - call cold on flop, raise turn... I should fold... a good player could make this fold... the aggro UTG will probably not get the hint and 3 bet it.. I should fold... I'm not going to raise, so I should fold.

Pack calls /images/graemlins/wink.gif , UTG folds.

River: (13.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Pack checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Pack calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Pack shows Qc Qh (one pair, queens).
CO shows 7d Kc (one pair, sevens).
Outcome: Pack wins 15.50 BB. </font>

85,000 hands at 5/10 6max... and sometimes I think I still have no clue... Money yes... clue... Nope.

Pack

Guido
07-03-2004, 05:43 AM
I 3-bet this preflop about a 100% of the time. I would lead out on the flop. I would also cap the flop. I see no reason why anybody should have a set. Everything you said about sets didn't happen... I would bet out on the turn too.

So I think you played this one terrible. 3-bet preflop, lead out on the flop, cap the flop, lead out on the turn and take it from there. Playing as passive as you did is just not the way to play 6-max IMO.

Thanks,

Guido

stripsqueez
07-03-2004, 06:41 AM
i didnt think you really wanted me to fold the turn - as i read it i thought i'm going to 3 bet the turn - i promoted this action by not raising pre-flop and being out bet on the flop so now i feel commited to it

i'm going to be horrified if calling pre-flop is your normal choice

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

MisterKing
07-03-2004, 07:04 PM
Yeah, why on earth wouldn't you 3-bet PF? There are only about 2 or possible hands with better equity than you... you gotta charge the AK's and other big drawing hands as much as possible here, imo.

And on the flop, things look very, very good for raising and re-raising. You gotta cut off the clubs draw, and you're ahead of everything but AA, KK, 56 (highly unlikely in a raised pot) and trips. You can't fear the monsters here... ram &amp; jam.

Tosh
07-04-2004, 05:50 AM
I know 3 people have already said but that preflop non 3 bet is terrible.

ResidentParanoid
07-04-2004, 09:27 AM
I can't imagine folding anywhere in this hand. If you're really convinced there's a bigger hand out there, maybe you go into call down mode. It looks like you helped create the iffy situation on the turn. Was CO trying to get UTG heads-up with the turn raise? Who knows. Have to see the showdown in this hand. I fear the set very rarely, and only against the most readable players. Even if I fear it, I make them show it when I have big overpair.