PDA

View Full Version : KK, aggressive or stupid?

amirpc
07-03-2004, 02:13 AM
I lost the hand history to this one because I closed the hand out of anger but here's how it happend.

Its the second hand in a 20+2 on PP late, I have two black kings in the SB.

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, MP limps and the CO raises it to 90 chips, the button calls 90 cold I reraise to 225, everyone folds except MP who calls all of this and the CO who calls.

Flop comes 235 I bet 275 chips, MP calls and the CO calls.

Turn 6. I go all in and MP calls, CO folds.

River 9.

MP shows 34o for a straight.

The reason I went all in on the turn was that I thought the MP could have AQ AJ or some similar hand and was looking for a 4 for that straight(and had no concept of potodds) or he could even have a hand like TT and refused to believe that I had a higher overpair than him.

I just could not believe that someone would have a 4 in a pot this size with all that raising PF.

So was my all in on the turn absolutely stupid, or just too aggressive?

Is there any way I can put my opponent on a 4 here? And if I had checked the turn and he had gone all in, should I fold right there or call?

My instinct says even though I may have played it overaggressively, there was really no way for me to put him on a 4 and the all in wasn't that stupid.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

Pitcher
07-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Hi Amipc,

There is not enough information to determine if you overplayed this. No idea of stack sizes. Of course, your opponent is an idiot. The 6 on the turn did look ominous though.

Pitcher

amirpc
07-03-2004, 06:38 PM
This was literally the second hand in the tourney, everyone's stacks were dead even. I had no reads on anyone.

durron597
07-03-2004, 09:38 PM
After several limps, a raiser and several callers, why not just push? With that many players you'll probably get at least one caller, and chances are it won't be AA. Even maniacs probably won't call allin with 43o on the second hand.