PDA

View Full Version : These two hands made me physically ill

kiemo
07-03-2004, 02:08 AM
PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks,

Flop: (10 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(10 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 raises, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button raises, SB calls, Hero folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

<font color="green">
Do I have the odds here? I believe I do, unfortunately I didnt figure that out until I folded- grrr!
</font>

River: (22 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Button bets, SB folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP2 shows 3c Tc (straight, seven high).
MP3 shows 7h 5h (two pair, sevens and sixes).
Button shows Ad 8h (straight, eight high).
Outcome: Button wins 25 BB. </font>

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 raises, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero 3-bets, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP1 caps, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8.20 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, UTG folds, MP1 calls.

River: (10.20 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 bets, Hero raises, MP1 3-bets, Hero caps, MP1 calls.

<font color="green">
Did he really cap preflop with 87?
</font>

Final Pot: 18.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP1 shows 7d 8d (straight, ten high).
Hero shows Td Ts (three of a kind, tens).
Outcome: MP1 wins 18.20 BB. </font>

B Dids
07-03-2004, 02:22 AM
If you have odds questions, and aren't good with on the fly math (like I'm not good). You can use PT to replay hands and it has an odds calculator it can use. Very helpful.

In answer to your question, yeah- you've got the odds.

Hand #2 one word answer:

SOOOTED!!

zuvis
07-03-2004, 03:13 AM
Dids,
Has playing back hands in PT and paying attention to the odds,
helped you when making decisions based on pot odds at the
table later when similiar situations occur?

Also, in hand 2 doesn't villian pretty much have the odds
to call all the way w/ his OESD draw?

Recliner
07-03-2004, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In answer to your question, yeah- you've got the odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he doesn't have the odds. It's an 18-2 call for him to make when the betting gets to him, giving him 9-1 on a 11.5-1 call. If all three of the players still to act call it will only get to 10.5-1. Pot odds say you fold. Implied odds might make the call worth it because you might be able to get the straights to cap the river. If you think you can get 2 bets on the river it becomes a break even play, more than that makes it +EV.

David K.
07-03-2004, 05:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

No, he doesn't have the odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

But he had the odds the first time it was his turn to act, right?

Out of the 46 remaining cards, 4 give him the full house. His odds are 42:4 or 10.5:1, and the pot gives him 12:1, so he should have bet, right?

ChuckNorris
07-03-2004, 06:50 AM
In hand #2 I never could have thought of him to have a straight on the river (unless I'd have a read on him that he's a maniac, capping pre-flop with any two cards), but instead a flush. I think raising the river is questionable and capping way too courageous, with the third spade hitting the river.

B Dids
07-03-2004, 09:10 AM
In a situation like this here's how I'm thinking. A- I'm not positive he has the straight, so my hand might be good anyway. B- if he does, the call is close enough, and the implied odds are such that it will be OK.

B Dids
07-03-2004, 09:11 AM
It helps some, mostly it just tells me that the calls I made were correct in the first place. Replaying your hands is a good exercise just to test for leaks.

kiemo
07-03-2004, 09:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In hand #2 I never could have thought of him to have a straight on the river (unless I'd have a read on him that he's a maniac, capping pre-flop with any two cards), but instead a flush. I think raising the river is questionable and capping way too courageous, with the third spade hitting the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent point. Bad table read on my part as I didnt even see the flush possibility.

On the odds questions. I was getting 18-2 (9-1) on the immediate call, however there were 3 people to act behind me, two of whom already had a bet in, however I didnt bother to notice these people, hence my mistake. I can almost make the assumption that the two already in are going to call one more, that alone gives me the borderline odds to chase, knowing if I hit my hand I am going to get some bets on the river.

So losing a 20+ pot wasnt the bitter pill, it was the fact that I folded without even considering who was left to act behind me.