PDA

View Full Version : Raising KJo with limpers

blubster
07-03-2004, 01:30 AM
In ring games I never raised limpers with KJo but I'm thinking in 6 Max this might be the correct move, do you guys raise limpers with KJo in later position?

Say theres 2 limpers and you have KJo on the button or in the CO, should I be raising there?

blubster

Cannes
07-03-2004, 03:23 AM
I'd raise that 100% if the time

blubster
07-03-2004, 03:35 AM
cool. that's what i'm thinking.

Daniel Negreanu told me I shouldn't be rasing with KJo once. We were talking about ring games but I don't know, some of the advice he has given me in the past hasn't been that great.

blubster

Peter_rus
07-03-2004, 05:28 AM
I would raise it too.

RiverMise
07-04-2004, 12:11 AM
I believe raising is the correct move... it helps buy you the button if you dont already have it.

MisterKing
07-05-2004, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Daniel Negreanu told me I shouldn't be rasing with KJo once. We were talking about ring games but I don't know, some of the advice he has given me in the past hasn't been that great.

blubster

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he mean FULL ring games (10 person)? If so, I'd say he's right for advising against a raise. You're setting up to be second best in a raised pot a lot of the time if you do. Things are considerably different shorthanded, however.

First, the need (in my brief experience) to actually show down the best hand is considerably reduced from full ring to shorthanded. Second pair wins many pots SH, and even if you don't win (lose to something like KQ or AK), you're getting on the record as playing assertive poker with your opponents. This has some value in and of itself.

Navers
07-05-2004, 02:09 PM
KJo is probably a lot better than lots of other trashy hands that are played in shorthanded games. Raise with it