PDA

View Full Version : Call the River to Maximize Profit?

ctv1116
07-03-2004, 12:04 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks,

Flop: (5 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (8.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.50 BB, between Hero, BB, UTG and CO.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (12.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 8c Th (straight, queen high).
UTG shows Qd 4d (one pair, queens).
CO shows Jc 4h (one pair, jacks).
Hero shows Kd Jh (straight, king high).
Outcome: Hero wins 12.50 BB. </font>

fyodor
07-03-2004, 01:16 AM
That's what I would have done on the river on that one too. Your position sucked relative to the better.

ctv1116
07-03-2004, 08:18 AM
I've been playing with you on Paradise a lot recently. You must be clearing the $200 bonus too.

Schneids
07-03-2004, 08:39 AM
I raise the turn. Top pair second kicker, plus gutshot to the high end of the straight looks mighty good, and the drawish nature of the board makes it likely you'll get cold calls somewhere and build an even larger pot with what's likely the best hand.

The way I look at it is CO bets because he has a jack, or he hit an open ender. He doesn't have JT or J9 because he'd have likely bet the flop. Therefore I can almost conclusively say I'm leading against him (barring Q8...which is one hand out of dozens he could be betting).

I think the river call is fine as well, I'd likely do it hoping for overcalls unless the players behind me are especially clueless and will call two cold with one pair hands on this board.

fyodor
07-03-2004, 11:35 AM
Yes I should have that bonus locked up by tonight. Have you noticed how passive everyone is there? Some tables it seems I'm the only one with a raise or bet button.

ctv1116
07-03-2004, 11:48 AM
Yes, the Paradise 1/2 games are actually decently profitable. Not Party like, but better than say, Stars.

fnord_too
07-03-2004, 12:06 PM
Yes, call the river for the over calls.

T0asty
07-03-2004, 07:09 PM
damn Schneids when I read your post I hear your Avatars voice in my head /images/graemlins/frown.gif