PDA

View Full Version : Overpair out of position on paired board.

Chris Daddy Cool
07-02-2004, 11:49 PM
UB .5/1.00 no limit

this is my very first hand and get QQ in the BB. 5 limpers. I potsize it. I get 3 callers. This pot is gonna get juicy I think to myself.

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I'm the first one to act in this hand, with 3 people to act after me.

Whats my action and why?

Garland
07-03-2004, 03:07 AM
I was on your table when this hand occured. I know what he had, and I know what happened on the river you lucky dog!

You really should give the stack informaton on your opponents before asking this question.

There is no way this should get checked. You shouldn't allow flush draws, straight cards or overcards to draw out on you for free. If someone has a 9, you'll find out. If someone raises, you'll need to look at the stacks, and the type of opponent as well as the position. Needless to say, if it's raised and reraised, get out.

Only against habitual bluffers and people I know will bet for me would I check and then perhaps check-raise.

Garland

Chris Daddy Cool
07-03-2004, 03:51 AM
Whats your UB handle? I usually look for players with 2+2 names. Mine is pretty obvious. Come drop by my tables more often, maybe you're good luck! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Anyhoo.. to the hand. I figured I bet this out and if I'm called in more than one spot I'm shutting it down. However, I only got one caller and he pushed. Luckily I had him well covered (which I admit is a stupid reason when you *know* you're beat) so I called, expecting to see a 9 maybe 70% of the time and a diamond draw maybe 30% of the time. If the stacks were deeper I think I fold.

As it turned out he did have a 9. 69 to be exact and naturally I river the Q. I'm awesome!