PDA

View Full Version : The nut hand / PS too tight?

Malarky
07-02-2004, 08:43 PM
This could be two seperate threads, but I figure I might as well condense it. Part one, tell me what you think about my play here:

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Malarky is MP2 with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Malarky calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, Malarky calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, Malarky checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button folds, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Malarky raises</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Malarky bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (8.70 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Malarky bets</font>, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8.70 BB, won by Malarky.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Malarky.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Malarky shows 7c 7h (four of a kind, sevens).
Outcome: Malarky wins 9.70 BB. </font>

Part two: As I was playign this evening some guy came to out .25/.50 table at Stars and was complaining that Stars is one of the more tight online poker places on the net. Now, I can't tell the difference since it's the only place I've played and I play poorly anyway, but is there any truth to this?

jess72
07-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Hey Malarky,

Not much to this hand except that I love when this happens to me /images/graemlins/cool.gif It's to bad only one stayed in the pot. And for PS, I've played there alot in the past. I pesonally like UB and PP but I will say there is nothing wrong with playing at a site that has a few tougher players. Playing at tight tables can suck though. Look for tables where alot are seeing the flop.

Good luck,
Jess

rjc199
07-02-2004, 11:34 PM
When you check-raise somebody on a flop like this people are going to fold. You will make more money simply betting out and not trying to be cute. If somebody has an Ace or something they will eventually give you action or attempt a bluff.

RED_RAIN
07-03-2004, 03:18 AM
I prefer to wait to the turn since I feel they will bet out on this flop since not much to not keep bluffing if you are. Also maybe they will pick up a draw they are on and check bet my check/raise.

WillMagic
07-03-2004, 04:52 AM
I would have played your hand the exact same way.

Will