PDA

View Full Version : Maniacs Limping togheter are KILLING ME

Tharpab
07-02-2004, 06:07 PM
I`m playing on Royal Poker Online at .10/.20
Generally the players per flop is absurdly 60%!or MORE

And what happens is that all the sudden JJ even QQ is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE, you raise eight guys will go in, and one of them almost always hit a double pair, straight or something. Fair enough. I stick to a VERY tight game looking for SUITED CONNECTORS yet nine guys will limp and chances are one of them will have the nut(Or a miracle full house like happened last night)

I basically playing medium-high suited connectors in a VERY DISCIPLINED way YET I`m down $5 on my $10 account(too small I know but its a bonus)
Do I have to change my strategy?It frustrates the heck out of me playing for hours folding hands while a moron is winning a hand with Q10o, he will probably lose his account long term but when morons are united they became are to beat, I mean they will never cease to exist and they will thworing your % to win down. Please help.
Do I need to tight it even more?(Loosing will NOT work)

B Dids
07-02-2004, 06:24 PM
All these things you describe are good things for you in the long term. Your problem is that you have a short term BR.

tech
07-02-2004, 06:30 PM
You are experiencing the schooling effect. You will still win over time, but your fluctuations will be large.

Tharpab
07-02-2004, 06:58 PM
Do I have to change something on my card selection?
As far as I know you get dealt suited cards 1/10 times and to be connected it becames even lower. So the blinds and seeing the flop hurts me a little bit.

I going in with pocket pairs, and the standard `premium` hands(the any ace suited with a big card) and sometimes(when half table folds which is rare)with ace with big cards non-suited

Whats good % if good of flops looked?Mine is 25% of flops seen, I read somewhere its good to have 10% but its too harsh to trash small suited connectors because of the size of my account I have to play them or I will not have profit.
Tips?

LeftBack
07-03-2004, 02:36 PM
Start here:

What is Morton's Theorem? (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=genpok&Number=795306&fpart =1&PHPSESSID=)

Continue here:

Low-limit Preflop Quiz (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=genpok&Number=795306&fpart =1&PHPSESSID=)