PDA

View Full Version : Post your worst EVER bad beat story ... here's mine

cnguyen2955
07-02-2004, 05:58 PM
reply with yours if it's worse / as bad as this one

i have ace ace in bb late in a tourney... 3 limpers (inc: sb)... i raise 2x bb .. both limpers call, sb folds

board comes 3 5 q rainbow. I bet 1/2 my stack which is almost as much as both the other two have. First folds second goes all in for a few chips more. I call. He shows j 4 suited. I laugh wondering what happened. He types 'o sh*t' I clicked call any'. Turn comes 6 river comes 2 giving him a runner runner straight...

For a $50 sng this one hurt....

RocketManJames
07-02-2004, 06:05 PM
I saw this one last night... NL 2-table home tourney.

88 Flop: 822
Turn: 2
River 2

J9s takes it. I think this one is worse than yours.

-RMJ

Tosh
07-02-2004, 06:05 PM
You won't get sympathy here, everyone has bad beats, they don't make good threads. Lets keep the talk to strategy and similar.

durron597
07-02-2004, 07:37 PM
Hero has A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP2, raises to 3xBB, CO calls, others fold.

Flop comes A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero checks, Button bets pot, Hero calls.
Turn is J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero checks, Button checks.
Turn is 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero bets pot, Button raises allin, Hero calls.

Anyone want to guess what Button had? Could Hero have done anything about this?

DrPhysic
07-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Sorry, I don't do bad beat stories anymore. Not even the one about the Aces full of Kings that got cracked by quad Aces last April.

Doc

chim17
07-02-2004, 08:55 PM
Please tell me this isn't a serious question.

Toro
07-03-2004, 08:40 AM
I'm going to reply with my best suckout ever which conversely must have been the worst bad beat for the opponent.

2+2 sng Thursday night. Early position player raises to 300, another player calls and I have JJ in mid postion and re-raise all-in to 1100. Folded to button, who re-raises all-in, about 2500. The other 2 guys in the pot quickly call and we all turn up our cards. 1st guy JJ, next A9o, me JJ and the button KK.

I type in the chat "no", meaning I got no outs. Don't remember the board at all since I was geting ready to leave when they push the main pot to me and it says Toro wins x amount with a jack high flush.

I set it up later on Cardplayers odds calculator and had a 2.2% chance of winning pre-flop when all the money went in.

Btw, I agree with others about using this for posting bad beats but there is no alternative. We really need a separate bad beat section. Then, anyone who wanted to avoid the wallowing would be free to do so.

Tosh
07-03-2004, 09:31 AM
Yes, fold preflop and avoiding ever getting your aces cracked.

durron597
07-03-2004, 09:48 AM
(n/m)

woodguy
07-03-2004, 09:56 AM
www.riveredagain.com (http://www.riveredagain.com)