PDA

View Full Version : 6 Left -- what is the move?

RocketManJames
07-02-2004, 04:29 PM
We are down from 20 to 6 in a home NL tourney.

I am 2nd shortest with 6K. Chip leader has over 30K. Blinds 600/1200. Tourney pays top 3 only.

Chip Leader limps in MP, all fold including SB. I check with 43o. Pot has 3K chips. I now have 4800 in my stack after posting the blind.

Flop: 3 5 7 rainbow.

Your move...?

1) Push all-in.
2) Check-fold to an all-in bet.
3) Check-call any bet.
4) Check and push all-in to any bet.
5) Bet something other than all-in.
6) Something else?

-RMJ

Stoneii
07-02-2004, 04:47 PM
1) I Push.

Check raise will always get a call from him as he's commited a bet to the pot and your raise won't be that much more to him. A non all-in bet is committing you to the pot anyway if he comes over the top.

A push on the flop has the chance of him laying the hand down to you and save you the sweat of hoping his two big cards don't pair up /images/graemlins/smile.gif

stoneii

TheDrone
07-02-2004, 07:30 PM
I agree on the push. I also count up to 10 outs (two 3s, three 4s, four 6s) if he calls and you need to beat a higher pair.

Ron
07-02-2004, 07:43 PM
Hi, /images/graemlins/smirk.gif all in push it.

RocketManJames
07-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Well, I did the "stupid" thing... I bet half my remaining chips (2400).

He pushed all-in. I am now pot-committed, and I call.

He shows K7o. No help on turn and river, and I'm out in 6th.

I think the correct play is either check-fold to an all-in or pushing all-in. Not really sure, but the way I played it is obviously bad.

-RMJ

Jman28
07-03-2004, 09:48 PM
Honestly, although I don't agree with your bet, if you're playing with people who understand the game, your half stack bet commits both of you if he calls. It's really not much different than pushing other than possibly showing weakness. An all in wouldn't likely make him fold either though. You were stuck here. I wouldn't question the play too much.