PDA

View Full Version : ~ Please Critique This ~

Shalara
07-02-2004, 03:59 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Shalara is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Shalara completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Shalara 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (21 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Shalara checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Shalara raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Shalara caps</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Shalara bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Shalara calls.

River: (18.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Shalara checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Shalara calls.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 20.50 BB, between CO and Shalara.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by CO (20.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Shalara shows Ac Ks (one pair, kings).
CO shows 8d Kd (two pair, kings and eights).
Outcome: CO wins 20.50 BB. </font>

CO is loose. His bet means that he has... something. Must admit his aggression was pretty uncharacteristic though. The whole table overall had a loose passiveness to it til after this hand. In fact, I was surprised I didn't have more callers after c/ring the flop. I thoroughly expected at least 2 or 3 more to play along.

I am not sure why I didn't raise initially; I practically always raise AK. I guess I had it in my head that with that many callers, I wanted to c/r if I hit the flop, as there were a lot of any acers playing. Then I was thinking maybe that wasn't such a great idea; why change what works already? So when BB raised, I decided limp-reraising would make up for my lack of a raise in the first place. Was that simply awful?

I'm quite embarrassed over posting this /images/graemlins/blush.gif I have this sneaking suspicion that I could have done a lot better in many places. But I'd appreciate some feedback just to make sure, so I don't make these kinds of mistakes again.

sthief09
07-02-2004, 04:09 PM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=793183&amp;page=1&amp;view=ex panded&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=#793183

do you realize how contradictory your PF limp then reraise is? unless you had some amazing read where you knew BB would raise, you basically completed the SB so as nto to pump the pot, but then you 3-bet with no chance to chase anyone out.

that's not to say that 3-betting is wrong. I'm just saying to think about how inconsistent those 2 moves are.

butters
07-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Preflop I would have raised the first time, but 3-betting works too.

Flop - I like the check given BB's preflop aggressiveness. BB might bet out, allowing you to raise the field, trapping them for multiple bets. I don't like the raise of CO's bet. You've got a nice multiway hand and the raise forces the rest of the field to call 2 cold. I'd call here and go for overcalls (or a chance to 3-bet).

Turn and river look good to me.

MVicuna
07-02-2004, 04:29 PM
Hi,

This is a tough spot. AKo in the SB after all those limps. Raising won't knock anyone out unless BB wakes up with a hand and 3 bets. You should raise anyways.

Absolutely do not CR this flop. You want to trap as many people in this hand as you can. You have the nut flush draw with top pair. Your usually so far ahead in this hand you don't want folds. So lead out.

Thats to bad your flush didn't come. /images/graemlins/frown.gif That was a big pot.

MarkV.