I have 7d 7h 9s Qc

Flop 4c 5c 7s

I check top set BB checks

UTG1 bets pot $12.35
MP folds
MP2 raises $24.65 to $37 and is all-in
MP3 calls $37

I call (first bad play ???)
Folded back to first raiser who reraises $157 to $194 and is all in.

So the pot is $468 dollars and I have $128 left Im getting 3.6-1 for my call.

I put the two larger stacks on the current nut straight and with a read on the short stack all in the nut flush draw.I do realise that I could be up against a lower set,reducing my outs,but if there all live I have 7 on the turn and hopefully 10 on the river.I do a quick maths quiz and reckon I'm about 2-1 to hit and Im pretty sure if I do hit I win,so I called and filled up on the river.

Did I play it correctly though,I'm still not sure

Acesover8s
07-02-2004, 04:16 PM
I would not call this hand in the SB, its trouble, no nut draws, 77 will rarely make top set without making a straight likely, you're out of position, yadayadayada.

On the flop when it comes back to you bet and raised and you're not going to close the betting I will usually fold, UNLESS the stack sizes are massive and the players cannot get rid of their hands once they are beat.

Once you've called the first raise you've got the odds, so you're call is obviously correct.

Many big stacks are created in online PLO by collisions of made hands vs strong drawing hands (yours being the drawing hand here). I would argue that this is not the best way to play, and that winning a smaller pot with a bet is often preferable.