PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday at Mirage!

01-16-2002, 03:34 PM
Wasn't gonna play yesterday. My brain felt fried the night before. Decided just to go to the Mirage and eat at the buffet and then walk around the strip for a while. Haven't done that in a long while and wanted to just go for an afternoon stroll.

Got to Mirage at around 2p.m. Ate at the buffet. Went to the poker room to check out whether there was a game going this early. The room was buzzing. Two 20 Holdme games. Two ten games. Two 20 stud game. A 40 stud game. I felt good. Hey if I feel like it I can play in the afternoon during the week. O.K so let's go for a walk.

"Poker players we are starting a $15 Satelite for tonites no-limit holdem tournament" came resounding over the loud speakers. Hey come on vince it's walking time. Oh, what the hell. I sat in the sarelite. Lost of course and then I was ready to play so I sat in a 10 Holdem game to see if my feelings about 10 holdem could be changed. Aftewr all I won 280 the other day. This time it took me about 1 minute and 12 seconds to lose $200. I don't like wasting time. "Poker players were starting another satelite" I heard. Screw this 10 Holdem game I said and got into another satelite. I lost! Screw these tournaments I said and jumped into a 20 Goldem game. It was a golde game for sure. It was a great game. The only proble was that one guy was winning every hand. He was winning with everything including 8,4 when an eight hi the river. The game was stock piled with California players. Raise and reraise were preflop choral chimes. Not easy to play in a game like this but I decided to play Vegas rock poker. It didn't take me too long before I was ahead $800 and craving for more. But it wasn't to be. I got cracked with J,J and it went down hill from there. Around 10 p.m i just coudn't focus anymore. I had lost back $300 and decided to call it a night even though the game was still great. I'm sure Sklansky would spank me for leaving such a good game when I wasn't tired but I just had to go.

I walked over to the Bellagio to see if Mason was around but he wasn't. The place looked dead. The high limit area was empty. No game. there were two 30 Holdem games and two 15 Holdem games going plus a 15 Omaha hilo, 15 Stud and some small games but it just seemed lifeless there. So I left thinking tht most poker days will be like this. Not very interesting.

Vince

01-16-2002, 03:53 PM
Maybe we need a diary/trip report section for such writings. I enjoy reading these types of posts, but they are not strategy oriented. I don't read the General posts usually, but maybe they should go there.

01-16-2002, 05:29 PM

01-16-2002, 07:23 PM
Vince,

Don't play the satellites at the Mirage. If I remember correctly, they get 10 players at $15 a piece for a $60 tournament?

If you are looking to have some fun, go to the Orleans and play the low-limit buy in tourneys.

I do like the No-Limit tournament at the Mirage, since you do get 30 minutes a round.

Good Luck

Mark

P.S. Don't let Johnson distract you.